chapter eight

Kiya Radner

Kiya Radner

I pulled away from Pete, not wanting to continue for some reason. You'd think since I was drunk, I would wanna keep it going. But I don't.

"I can't do this, it feels wrong." I said, feeling bile rise in my throat.

"What do you mean, weren't you enjoying it?" Pete asked me, his brows furrowing.

"No, I-I'm sorry." I said, standing up and going to walk into the party. I bumped into someone, looking up to see Teddy standing there, with a... hurt, look on his face? 

I pushed past him, through the party. I walked around, looking for a bathroom. I lightly sighed once I found one, shutting and locking the door behind me. I put the toilet lid up before puking up all the contents in my stomach.

This was such a big mistake, I don't understand how they can do it every freaking night. After throwing up a couple times more, I flushed the toilet before standing up and looking into the mirror. I was a mess.

My makeup was smeared, my eyes were puffy, and my hair was frizzy. I turned the tap on, cupping my hands and using them to wash the nasty taste out of my mouth. This all felt wrong, maybe kissing isn't my thing? I don't know. I thought I enjoyed it with Nash, but I didn't. I don't. Then when Pete kissed me, it felt the exact same way it did when Nash and I kissed. There was a knock on the door, and I sniffled before unlocking it and opening it.

"Are you alright?" Teddy asked, a worried look on his face.

"Yeah, I'm- I'm fine." I lied, giving a fake smile.

"I know you're not." He said, crossing his arms as he leaned against the door frame. "And I know you and Pete kissed."

I looked down, feeling embarrassed. "I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. I regret it." I said.

"I know, I could tell by the look in your eyes once you bumped into me. And I saw everything." Teddy said as I looked back up at him. 

"Is Brooke okay? I'm really sorry about her... by the way." I said, although I wasn't really sorry. I was only telling him that because I felt like I needed to.

"It's fine. She did hit you first. Although she's probably going to want me to fuck her later so she'll probably forget about all of this." Teddy lightly smirked, and I felt sick again. I don't know why, but the thought of them doing that made me feel sick. It bugs me. Maybe because now that I've had that experience and it wasn't very good, I wouldn't understand why that would make her feel any better.

Yeah, that's it.

"You know, you could do so much better than Brooke." I whispered, and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

Welp, guess my mouth thought otherwise.

"You deserve someone so much better than her. Honestly, she's fucking stupid. But I mean, she likes drinking and parties, and so do you. And she's really- really pretty, so I guess I can kind of understand why you like her. But I guess that's none of my business." I said, and he searched my eyes a second. I pushed past him once again, before he grabbed me, turning me around.