chapter six

Teddy Sanders

Teddy Sanders

I don't like the idea of Nash and Kiya being together. She really could do way better than him. He doesn't think I hear their conversations but I really do. Him calling me Keddy, him telling her to stay away from me. Them crashing my party tonight. But I won't let that happen. I would get with Kiya, but I care about her more than that, even though I don't know as much about her as I'd like. And the fact Brooke and I are together. I don't feel bad that I have feelings for another girl, because I know how her and Pete look at each other. I just know that Pete won't do anything with her, and he's been too caught up with Kiya's friend, Natalie. Natalie is cool, I just really don't like Nash. And I can't wait until he leaves. 

The party has started, and I was waiting on Natalie, Nash and Kiya to show up. I was actually bored for once, which I was confused as to why since there was a huge party going on right in front of me. 

That's when I saw her. No, not Brooke. Kiya. She looked beautiful, she was wearing a beautiful blue dress, with a bunch of white stars on them. She also had a red hat on that was backwards, adding more color to the outfit. Her hair was slightly curled, and makeup minimal. She looked nothing compared to the other girls at the party.

But what I didn't like was that Nash's arm was hooked around her waist. 

"Hey baby." Brooke said, walking up to me.

"Hey." I replied, glancing at her once, still looking at the pair.

"What's wrong? You haven't been yourself lately," She said.

"I don't know. Just feeling sick." I semi-lied.

"Oh, well maybe I can make you feel better." She smirked, starting to feel her hand up and down my torso.

"That's not gonna make me feel better, Brooke, I'm sorry." I said, excusing myself and walking away.

I knew that she didn't like Kiya, none of the girls here did. They like Natalie though, well, Brooke didn't like her either but the other girls do. Finding my way toward the two, Natalie had walked off somewhere (which wasn't much of a surprise) and Kiya noticed me first.

"Oh, hi Teddy." She awkwardly said.

"Hey Ky," I said. Ky was my actual nickname for her, whether her or Nash liked it or not. And I know I've been calling him other names like Dash or whatever, but it's because it irritates Kiya and I find that hilarious. It irritates him too, but I obviously don't care about him whatsoever.

"Peddy," Nash said.

"Ass." I said, trying my hardest not to laugh at this name. Kiya had a smirk on her face, but she didn't laugh. She didn't want to. I knew that I had the same effect on her that she had on me, but I didn't say anything.

"Ha-ha, very funny." He said, removing his arms from Kiya's waist. Good. I didn't like his arm there anyways. 

"I'm pretty funny if I say so myself." I said, brushing my shoulder off as if there was dust or something on it.

He just rolled his eyes. "Kiya let's go see what lame drinks they have?"

"I'm not drinking, you can go." She said, motioning for him to go. He just nodded, glaring at me as he went to find him a drink.

"You don't drink?" I asked, and she turned to me.

"No." The corner of my mouth lifted up, I knew she was lying.

"You're lying."

"I'm not lying." She said, her eyebrows knitting together.

"Nat told me." I smiled.

She rolled her eyes. "Natalie never knows when to keep her mouth shut."

Looking around, I noticed Nash with other girls, and some of my frat brothers.

"Looks like Nash is having fun without you." I said, and Kiya turned to see him.

"Yeah, I know. Looks like your girlfriend hates me." She said, looking upstairs where I just was, moments before walking down here. 

Brooke was watching us closely, glaring into Kiya's soul.

"Nobody here seems to like me." Kiya added, turning my attention back to her. I knew she felt really insecure, even though she was wearing something that she'd normally wear.

"You don't have to be here." I told her. "Besides, Pete and I like you. Nash likes you obviously, and so does Natalie." 

"Well Natalie is my best friend, of course she likes me." She playfully rolled her eyes. "And Nash is her brother, he has to like me. And Pete's only talked to me a few times. Mostly that day when I hurt my ankle. And you, well, it doesn't seem like it."

"What do you mean it doesn't seem like it? And by the way how is your ankle? I mean it must not be in that much pain since you've been in bed most of the time after you and Nash cuddled on the bed." I smirked, and she glared at me.

"Please don't remind me of that. I honestly regret it. And it feels fine, thanks for asking. And what I mean by it doesn't seem like it, is that you're always making sarcastic remarks, and if you liked me you'd at least respect my parents by keeping the noise down." 

I didn't know what she meant by she regretted having sex with Nash, but I'll get that answer out of her later.

"Hey, your parents are the ones that called the cops on me after telling me they wouldn't," I said.

"Because they called you at least twenty times asking you to keep it down, and you'd always just get louder. I have school coming up, and I'm gonna need as much sleep as possible. And I work, unlike you, so I need sleep for that. And it's hard to sleep when there's loud music playing right next door and your baby sister is up crying at three am." She replied.

Wow. I didn't know I've been doing that to her family. The only reason I feel this bad is because Kiya. And Stella, but mainly Kiya.

"Well I'm sorry. We like to party. Why are you here if you don't like parties?" I asked.

"Because Nash and Natalie wanted me to be here, and I didn't wanna ruin his time here," She said.

"I know you're uncomfortable wearing that. Why?" I asked.

"I am, but I didn't wanna ruin Natalie's chance of 'beautifying' me. And it's not this dress, I own this dress. It's just the fact that I'm here while every other girl is wearing something super revealing." She said, putting air quotes around the word beautifying.

"Well I need to go get another drink, I'll let you talk to someone else for a bit alright? Just don't listen to half the dudes here." I warned her, and she nodded.

I walked away, going to get another drink. As I did I heard something I didn't really wanna hear.

"I mean, she didn't make any noise really. It felt nice for me, but I could've done way better." 

"Well I heard Kiya's mom is great in bed. So I don't understand why she wouldn't," A person said.

"Kiya's just... Kiya. She isn't the best," Nash said.

Anger rushed through me, and before even I knew it, I had tossed my drink to the side and was beating the shit out of Nash.