chapter thirteen

Kiya Radner

Kiya Radner

Tonight was the party, and I was excited. I worked yesterday, but other than that it's the first time I'm off grounding. I also got ungrounded two days early for good behavior, but I knew my parents were getting tired of me being a suck up.

We knew my parents weren't going to let me into that party, so Nat told them we were going to a birthday party of a cousin of hers. I was wearing a black dress that fit my body shape really well, and it was off the shoulder minus a small black cloth part that went around my neck. My hair was neatly brushed with loose waves. I was wearing eye makeup that didn't pop out, just made my eyes shine a little brighter. The brightest thing on me was my lipstick, which was red. 

I knew that Brooke was going to be at this party, and I wanted to look cute. Also, Teddy wanted me to and I did too since it'd be the first time doing something in a while. When we got out of my moms hair we secretly sneaked around the block and got over Teddy's back fence, going through their back door.

"Whoa, you look beautiful!" Teddy said, bringing me in for a tight hug. He smelt really good, and I smiled as we pulled away.

"Thanks, so do you!" I said, before realizing what I said. "Wait I mean handsome. You look handsome. Sorry." 

He just kissed me in response, and I was thankful my lipstick didn't smear off. I kissed him back, and soon enough the party started. We danced, and Teddy didn't even drink, but more and more people kept showing up. Neither of us questioned it, until a guy that looked almost homeless and twice our age walked by.

"Wait, let me see that paper!" Teddy said, a worried look on his face. His friend handed it to him, and he translated some letters on it. "We're not allowed to have parties yet." He told me, clenching his jaw. "This is fake!" 

My eyes widened, and we all started to clear people out. This had to have been my parents that did this, I don't know who else would sabotage Teddy like that.

I stood there, while Nat left. I knew if something like this happened she wouldn't help me. Even if she tried, I wasn't going to leave Teddy like this.

"They called the cops!" Teddy shouted, as we almost got everyone out.

Someone was out convincing the cops that there was no party, while I went to the down level rooms, making sure everyone that didn't live here was out of the house. My eyes widened when I saw a smirking Nash in the doorway.

"You!" I yelled. "You did this!"

He laughed, before wiping his bottom lip with his thumb. "Sorry, love, wish I did. I just came to enjoy the party! Now, you can choose to come with me and we won't tell your parents where you've been, or you can get caught and get in trouble." He held his hand out to me, and I saw Teddy staring at us from a distance.

I walked toward him slightly, his smirk getting bigger. When I was in range, I punched him in the face as hard as I could.

"The only way I'd ever go anywhere with you is if I was dead." I saw the tears in his eyes as he ran out, and pain went running through my hands.

Teddy rushed up to me, grabbing my face in his hands. "I was so scared you were going to go with him again."

I shook my head. "Never again."

Suddenly, someone fell from the balcony. I jumped, Teddy pulling me closer to him.

"Jimmy?" I asked angrily, walking over to him. His leg was clearly broken.

"H-hey, Kiya..." He trailed, and my eyes darted upstairs, where my parents were opening the door to Teddy's room.

"Why are they going in there?" I asked Teddy, who wasn't next to me anymore. He was running up the stairs, so I ran behind him.

"Teddy what's going on!" I yelled, causing him to stop.

"I have a power source in my room, they can't get to it they'll turn everything back on." He stopped, as the music started and people flooded in again. "Shit." 

He started fighting with my dad, where my mom was in Teddy's room. It was either go stop her, or stop them from fighting. I took the first option, before my dad's voice stopped me.

"Kiya what're you doing here?" I turned, seeing Teddy with a bloody nose.

"The question is, what are you doing here?" I retorted, and he looked taken back. Before he could say anything I ran up the stairs, where my mom was trying to lock the power box back up.

"Mom?" I asked and she stopped, turning to see me.

"Kiya, honey, what're you doing here?"

"I could be asking you the same thing," I said.

"I'm here to bust him." She replied.

"Why? Mom you said you were done with this!" I yelled, and we started arguing once I shut off the power. She pushed me onto the ground roughly, walking over to a window where a bunch of boxes were. 

She grabbed what looked like an explosive, before Teddy and my dad burst through the door.

"No. No no no." Teddy said, and my mom smirked before lighting it and letting it go off through the window.

"Mom what the hell?" I screamed, ignoring the pain in my side and pushing myself towards her. I started fighting for the firework, it suddenly going off and making the cop car crash.

"No!" I screamed, before throwing it out of her hands.

"Kiya what the fuck!" She pushed me, but I lost my balance and started to fall out of the window.

"Kiya no!" I heard Teddy yell, and before I knew it my mom, dad and Teddy were in the window reaching for me. Teddy had a firm grip on my hand, yelling at the other two to get back so he could pull me inside.

He got me inside and held me tightly, scared to let me go.

"I almost lost you." He told me, running his hand through my now messy hair.

"Kiya..." My mom started. "I'm so sorry." I didn't reply, just pushed past her and walked down the stairs. Teddy followed behind me, and we walked outside where he then told Pete and I to leave. 

They had their bro moment, before he turned to me in tears. "You can't get in trouble for this Kiya." He said, running his hands through my hair.

"I'm not leaving you. I didn't when you fought my parents, I didn't when I almost fell out of your bedroom window, and I'm not now. I don't care how much you try to convince me, it's not going to work." I told him, tears running down my face.

"I love you too much to let you get in trouble for this. It's my fault." He said, and my heart stopped. "You, you love me?"

--

this went by so quickly i'm sorry but there will be more!! y'all want a sequel or no?

have a blessed day