chapter nine

Kiya Radner

Kiya Radner

It's been two weeks since what happened with my mom, Nash, my dad and I. My dad believed me, but she didn't. Nash has her wrapped around his finger.

The fights and arguing between my parents and the neighbors had escalated, where they'd go to their parties. It got so bad, that my parents got Brooke to cheat on Teddy with Pete, and that ticked Teddy off.

"What do you mean it didn't work?" My mom yelled at my dad as they came into the house. I was walking down to the living room.

"You were there, Ass-Juice told him it was us so he knows!" My dad yelled back. 

The fight got intense, and my mom grabbed Stella who was in her car seat saying it's not safe here. "Well the fucking airbags are gone in the car, and you've already sat on one Mac! We're not safe here, Kiya let's go." She said.

"No." I said, feeling tears come up. "I have a job, I have school. I'm staying with dad. And you also didn't believe me when I told you about Nash, and I'm your own daughter. So I choose dad."

She looked at me, her eyes wide before scoffing and walking with Stella and their things to the door. "Stay here. What the fuck ever. I'm going." 

"Mom, please stay." I said, starting to walk out after her. Pete and Teddy were sitting on their porch watching us, and I was surprised that they could handle being next to each other after fighting. 

"I am not staying in that fucking house! I'll go to my mother's. It's your fault if your dumb ass gets hurt because you're deciding to stay with your idiot father." She angrily said before putting Stella into her car.

"Mom it's not safe to drive without airbags." I calmly said, but she shrugged and got into her car, driving off.

I turned, seeing Teddy smirking. I narrowed my eyes, angrily walking up to his porch. Before he could say anything, I slapped him as hard as I could.

"What the hell was that for?" He angrily asked, standing up and holding his cheek. My vision was blurry, but I could still see Teddy clearly.

"Did you not just fucking see that? You tore my goddamn family apart! Thanks for ruining my life you jackass." I said, and Teddy's face fell. He started to say my name, but I just walked away, leaving everyone there to stare at me.

I got inside, hugging my dad. "I'm so sorry this happened to you." I apologized, and he just hugged me back.

"It's not your fault, Kiya. We shouldn't have messed with them." He quietly said, before we pulled away. I just nodded, wiping my tears and going to sit on the couch.

Which was a bad idea. There was an airbag there.

"KIYA!" My dad screamed, running to my side. I hit the wall, and I'm pretty sure I put a hole in it. "Kiya are you okay?" He asked, but I just nodded before standing up.

"I'm gonna go walk. I didn't get hit that bad." I lied, standing up and walking out. My dad followed me out, trying to stop me.

"Kiya you just got hit by an airbag you're not fine." He said, but I just shrugged before walking toward the direction of the park. I realized I forgot my phone, but shrugged that off too, not feeling too well. My life came crashing down as soon as it went up, and I don't know why.

I sat on the swings, lightly swinging back and forth. 

"Kiya." A voice quietly said, and I looked up to see Teddy.

"What? Seriously, what do you want? You've already torn my family apart and I got hit with an airbag, what now?" I asked, and his face fell like it did before.

"You got hit? That wasn't meant for you," He said.

"Does it matter? I should be able to sit anywhere in my house and not get hit with one. None of my family should. What if we sat Stella there, huh?" I asked.

"I don't know. I didn't think about that." He said, walking closer.

"Exactly. You don't. So why do it? You won. You clearly won this stupid fucking fight. You can stop now." I said, wiping my face with my arm.

"I didn't mean for you to get hurt." He quietly said, still walking closer to me until he was right in front of me and I couldn't swing anymore.

"I find that hard to believe. You should've known that if you wanted my parents to fight, it'd break my family apart," I said. 

"Kiya I didn't mean for them to fight that much! When you came up crying to me earlier I realized how much I hurt you. I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry," He said.

"Why do you care so much for my feelings anyway? I mean, Nash never did." I replied. "And he's just like you."

"He's not like me. I care for you because- because I got feelings for you, okay? That's why I beat the shit out of Nash! That's why I felt bad when I hurt you, that's why I realized how bad I hurt you," He said, and my head shot up.

"What?"

"I realized that I think I freaking love you! I don't know what it is. That night, when you got drunk, I realized that was a side of you that I didn't like! I didn't like seeing you and Nash together, or even you and Pete! I don't like seeing you with anyone and I didn't know why. Then when you said I didn't deserve Brooke, but you understood why and that it's because she's really really pretty and likes to party, I thought about it a lot!" He said, "I realized that she wasn't good enough for me. I'm glad your parents got her to cheat on me with my best friend, because it helped me realize she wasn't good enough. But you know who is? You! You're better than me, like you deserve better than me but you're the best I can get! And the fact that you think that she's way prettier than you astonishes me because from the moment I saw you I thought you were the most beautiful girl ever!"

I didn't say anything, I didn't expect Teddy to come out saying something like this, so he just continued instead.

"I don't want a girl who parties all the time, or likes them because then they end up cheating. Just because I like parties doesn't mean that I need to be with someone who likes them." He finished, breathing heavily.

"And what if you end up cheating on them cause you're partying?" I asked.

"I'd never, ever do that to you Kiya. You and I both know that. I didn't even cheat on Brooke. Not once." He replied, and I just stood up.

"You know, Teddy, I actually liked you. Until you decided to fucking ruin my family. Once my family comes back, then come to me. Stop ruining my life and maybe I'll actually take a chance with you." I said, starting to walk away.

Before I could get far, Teddy grabbed my hand, pulling me back. I was about to ask him what he wanted, but before I had the chance to he connected our lips.

--

omg they kissed y'all i've been waiting for this moment for forever. omg and i've never seen the second movie but i read all about it and took notes y'all- i'm excited af see u soon.