chapter fourteen

Kiya Radner

Kiya Radner

It's been four months since the house party, and I almost fell out of Teddy's bedroom. They got kicked out of the house, Pete found a job, and my parents were happy. They wouldn't stop babying me after what had happened, but I ignored them most of the time. 

I haven't seen Teddy, he hasn't tried talking to me. My parents noticed I was really upset, but I couldn't help it. I haven't been doing much, like a normal teenager would. I leave the house for school and work, and that's about it. I hangout with my family more often, and rarely see Natalie. She hates being inside all the time, which is what I've done since I haven't seen Teddy.

He was supposed to get out of custody last week, but he hasn't contacted me. I mean I don't understand why, I stayed with him, he told me he loved me, before a cop came and arrested us. My parents got me out, and I didn't get into much trouble since Teddy took the blame. 

"Come shopping with me?" I heard my dad's voice at my bedroom door, and I looked over to see him standing there, leaning against the door frame.

"No." I replied, looking back down at the book I was reading.

"Why not? Ky, I know you're still upset about everything that happened with Teddy, and I regret what happened... I'm sorry. Your mother's watching Stella, please come with me. This one time?" He asked, smiling out of the corner of his mouth.

I looked at him for a second, before sighing. "Fine, I'll go. Let me get something to wear on." He smiled, yelling 'yes!!!' before shutting the door behind him so I could get ready. 

I just threw on some jeans and a red shirt, before brushing through my hair and leaving it the way it was. After putting on some white converse, I did a simple makeup look. I didn't wanna dress up too much, I just rarely leave the house anymore, since school just ended and when I work I'm wearing the same outfit almost everyday. 

"Ready to go bud?" My dad asked, standing up when he saw me come downstairs. I just nodded, shoving my phone in one pocket and my wallet in the other. We walked out of the house and got into his car, where he drove downtown and we decided to walk around.

"Why are we down here?" I asked. "When you said shopping I thought you meant for groceries, and where we usually go to shop."

He shrugged. "Thought you could use some new stuff. And I feel extremely bad for everything that's happened." 

I got quiet after that. I didn't want my parents spending money on me to make me forgive them. I mean, I already forgave them, but I still am upset. I don't know if Teddy and I are a thing anymore, or not.

Looking down as we walked, my dad would ask if I wanted to go into a store but I just shook my head, wanting nothing more than to be in my room right now.

"Oh my God, Teddy?" I heard my dad ask, and my head shot up, to where Teddy stood outside of a Abercrombie & Fitch store, shirtless. I stopped dead in my tracks, staring. "I didn't know you worked here Teddy." My dad added, but Teddy wasn't paying attention to him. He was staring right back at me.

Suddenly, Teddy shook his head, looking over at my dad. "Mac, you knew I worked here. I just saw you yesterday when I just started my shift." That brought me out of my staring at Teddy.

"Wait what? Dad you knew he worked here?" I asked, and my dad looked over at me.

He sighed. "Yes, Kiya I did. He just started this job yesterday, I ran into him, acting like I do what he does. I talked to him a bit, then thought I'd bring you out here so you can see him again. I want you happy again." 

"Thank you." I said, feeling tears build up. I turned to look at Teddy, who was already looking at me. Before I knew it I was running up to him, and I jumped into his arms as if it were a book or movie. He wrapped his arms around me, twirling us around, not caring that we were around a lot of people, and people were most likely staring at us.

"I've missed you so much." I choked out, and he just held me tighter.

"I've missed you too. I'm sorry I didn't contact you right away, I've been busy finding a job and finishing school." He replied, finally letting me go and onto the ground again.

Once he did, I turned and hugged my dad tightly. "Thank you so much dad." I said, before pulling away and wiping under my eyes.

"Anything for my bud." My dad replied, and I turned back to Teddy.

"You like your new job then?" I asked. "Where do you live now?"

"It's cool I guess, anything to get money. And I live with Pete. We're roommates." He said.

"Speaking of which, how is he?" I asked.

"He's good, good. We don't get to see each other much cause we're both working, and when I'm at home I'm normally working on school so it's hard to visit. But soon enough I'll be done with school, and it'll be easier to talk and such." He said, and I just nodded.

"I'll leave you two alone for a second, I'm gonna go get Stella something out of this baby store over here." My dad finally said, walking away and leaving us together.

"You look beautiful, Kiya," Teddy said.

"I love you," I said, and his eyes widened.

"W-what?" He asked.

"That night, when we got caught, you said the words 'I love you' to me. I never got a chance to tell you I loved you too," I said. He smiled, and I couldn't help but smile back.

"Anyways, dinner tonight? I can skip studies for one night. We need to catch up," He said.

"Of course. Pick me up at 7?" I asked.

"7:30," He said, and I leaned in, giving him one last hug and a kiss on the cheek before meeting up with my dad again. Let's just hope nothing comes between us now.

--

ok this sucked as a last chapter, but I'll be making a sequel!! i don't have a title, so comment ideas!! or you can message them to me, but i really need one. whoever's title i like the best will get a dedication and shoutout first chapter of the sequel!!!! cuz if i have to think of a title on my own i won't have a title for a long time.

if you need help, i'll be basing it off of neighbors 2, just changing things like normal lol.

YALL I WENT TO POST THIS CHAPTER AND IT TOLD ME I FIRST PUBLISHED THIS BOOK DECEMBER 28TH OF 2015 I FINISHED IT A YEAR AND TWO DAYS AFTER PUBLISHING IT BE PROUD OF ME LOL