At Least Someone Found Love

I lied, they are scary. Boys are scary and I want to go home. I sat awkwardly at the end of the booth seat across from Niall. Perrie sat next to me with Zayn on the other side of her. The rest of the boys sat on the other side. Harry, who sat next to Niall, kept glancing at me, as if I would disappear any moment now. I wasn't going to run this time, no, I would face them with pride. I am not my parents mistakes, I just have to keep repeating that inside my head.

"So.." Louis trailed off looking from Perrie to me.

"So?" Perrie shot back with a smirk on her face.

"Zayn said you girls went shopping and okay seriously, did your parents really get married with out being soulmates?"

"Lou!" Liam snapped giving Louis a nasty look.

"What?! We're all thinking it!"

I took a deep breath and sighed, "Yes."

"Wow. That's kind of cool." He smirked leaning forward in the seat.

"Excuse me?" Cool? What?

"Think about it, they went against what everyone else does. Your parents are like, rebels or something."

I couldn't help but start laughing at this, rebels? I never thought of it that way.

"That's one way to think of it." I replied, glancing at Liam who stared at Louis like he was crazy.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter what your parents did, we may have only known you for a couple weeks, but I think I speak for all of us when I say we still like you. We don't care what your parents did." Liam looked at me with his big brown puppy dog eyes and I melted a little bit.

That was really sweet of him to say. I looked over to Harry who was smirking at me and then to Niall. Niall had a mouth full of food but he didn't look up at me.

"Thanks guys, that means a lot." Perrie patted my leg under the table and I silently thanked the heavens for her being here.

********

Dinner actually wasn't to bad after we talked it out, Perrie took me home afterwards because I complained that I was tired. It was kind of true, I was drained from all the drama today.

"Natalie!" Bella screamed the second I walked into the house, she ran as fast as her little legs would take her and enveloped me in a hug.

"Whoa, you'd think I've been gone for years." Bella giggled and dragged me inside the house farther.

Mom stood by the counter talking to a tall muscular man, he had sandy blonde hair that was neatly cut and he was wearing a business suit.

"Oh Natalie, you're here, I'd like you to meet Kyle." The man turned around and gave me an award winning smile. He was handsome and he looked to be about my mothers age.

"Hello." I said slowly while I stood in front of them.

"It's nice to meet you, your mother has told me so much about you." Oh no, not another one. No! I finally had the friends I've always wanted and all of that was about to disappear. Shooting my mom a dirty look, I turned on my heals and started walking up the stairs to my room.

"Natalie wait!" She called behind me, I turned around carefully, not wanting to face plant.

"Just remember your promise."

"He's different Natalie."

"Oh yeah? How?"

She fidgeted with the hem of her shirt before looking up at me, a smile appeared on her face "He's my soulmate."

Stunned, I thought I was going to pee myself, I stared at my mother in disbelief. "Are you sure?" I asked walking down the stairs to stand in front of her.

"Our pendents match, yes, I'm sure." How could this be? Glancing down at my mothers pendent, a sun, I smiled a little bit.

After 17 years of searching, she had finally found her true soulmate.

At least someonevfound love.

"I'm happy for you mom." I gave her a quick hug and then headed off to my room. Laying down on my bed, staring up at my ceiling. I wonders what my soulmate was doing, right this moment.

Breaking me out of my thoughts my phone rang, with out caring I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Natalie?"

"Niall?" Freezing in my spot, I took the phone away from my ear to check the caller name and slowly put my ear back to the speaker.

"Yeah, I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to.. maybe grab some coffee tomorrow?"

"C -coffee?" I stuttered, instantly feeling really stupid.

"Perrie told me you liked coffee, is that not right?"

"No no, I do, I just, why?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

"I don't know..."

"Nat, I know I messed up. But please, let me try to fix it."

I stayed silent for a moment, weighing my options. "Alright."

"How is 10 AM, at the starbucks in town?"

"Sounds good."

"Okay, bye Natalie.

"Bye Niall."

I was frowning when we hung up, he wanted to fix things between us. But I don't know if I could forgive him so easily.