This Is Only The Beginning

Staring at my reflection, I groaned. My hair was in wavys with a grey beanie on the top. With a red scoop neck, a pair of dark washed skinny jeans and my checkered vans. This was the fourth outfit I tried on and it still wasn't good enough to me. Deciding nothing looked great on me today, I grabbed my phone, wallet, and headed out of my room. I knocked once on Bella's door and then opened it, I smiled at my little sister as she played with her Barbie's on the floor.

"Hey cutie." She looked up and gave me a big smile.

"You look pretty." She cooed going back to her Barbie's.

"Thanks sister, I'm going out for a few hours I'll be back soon. okay?"

"Okay sister. I love you."

"I love you too." I closed her door and ran down the stairs glancing in my moms office to make sure she was actually here before I left.

"I'm going out." She jumped and turned around, my mom half smiled at me then went back to whatever she was doing.

"Have fun with Niall!" She called before I excited the door, I rolled my eyes but smiled. Maybe she wasn't as clueless as I thought.

I walked all the way to the local coffee shop, it was only about a 20 minute walk so I didn't really mind.

When I walked in I didn't see Niall so I sat in a booth away from everyone else and waited for the blonde hair blue eyed boy to show up.

I checked my phone every couple seconds. I texted Harry while I waited "Hey. :3"

"Sup."

"That's one way to greet someone."

"Sorry, Hello Natalie. How are you doing on this fine day?"

"Smart ass."

"You love me. (;"

I stopped texting him after that because someone sat in front of me, I jumped a little and saw Niall smiling over at me.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked me, I scrunched up my face in confusion.

"You were smiling when I sat down. Who were you talking to?"

"Harry." I said shrugging it off like it was no big deal. Niall shook his head but handed me a cup of coffee that smelled like vanilla.

"Try it." He pushed, smiling at me still.

"My mom always warned me about peer pressure." I joked taking a sip of the hot liquid. It was so good, I thought I might pass out. Not really... but kind of.

"Oh my gosh, so good." I smiled putting it down "Thanks" I quickly added

I felt Nialls eyes on me as I looked down at my beverage.

"Nat, I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am."

"For? " I glanced up at him but his blue eyes made me regret it instantly.

"Hurting you like I did.. It's not that I don't like you it's just.." His voice trailed off, Niall glanced down at his hands then back up at me.

"You just liked Molly more, I totally understand Niall. No hard feelings. But you betrayed my trust. You told Molly something I told you in confidence. I don't think I can forgive you for that so soon." I said taking another sip of my drink.

"No, It's just that we haven't known each other very long and I didn't want to compromise our friendship if things didn't work out and I know, I feel horrible, I didn't mean to. It just slipped out."

I had never really thought of it that way, maybe I was just to caught up in the cute boy that paid attention to me that I didn't really step back and look at the situation. How stupid of me, why am I so wrapped up in a boy I haven't known for very long? I couldn't forgive him for spilling my secret, but I guess we could be friends.