Take Your Pick

I took a quick look at Harry, a grey beanie controlling his perfectly unruly hair. He wore a simple black shirt with jeans, still managing to look like a model in something so casual. For a moment, I wanted to stay with him.

I wanted so badly for him to he the boy I'd been dreaming of my whole life, but he couldn't be. I realized that when a pretty blonde walked and started shamelessly flirting with him. He didn't really say much, but took a long look at me. I didn't get to hear how their conversation went because I rushed away to find Niall.

I ventured outside onto Perries patio, her parents were rich, so there was a large garden in the back with a few fountains. I spotted Niall on a bench, his head resting in his hands.

"Niall." I spoke when I got close enough for him to hear me.

"No, you know what? Go be with your soulmate. You've been telling me that its me you want this whole time but it's not, it's him Natalie, it's Harry." Niall stood up, a tense look on his gentle face.

"Niall no-" I protested taking a step toward him. He was wrong, I wanted Niall. Right?

"Harry is your soulmate, you just need to accept that."

"But-"
"I'm what?" A voice asked, I knew exactly who it was to.

"Harry." I turned around breathless, I can't believe this is actually happening.

"Is it true?" He whispered striding towards me with his long legs. He now stood directly in front of me, a very hurt expression on his face.

He took my silence as acceptance, gently lifting his hand to the chain connecting to my pendent. He pulled it out from under my shirt and groaned, turning back around and rubbing his face almost violently.

I turned back to Niall and then around back to Harry, not really sure what to do.

"How long have you known?" He asked calming down a bit.

"Since the fight."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered not making eye contact.

Niall stepped in, causing more harm than good. "Why do you think? She might catch an std from you." He grimaced still standing behind me.

"If you haven't noticed I haven't done anything like that since Natalie got here!" Harry defended stepping in front of me blocking my view from the blonde haired boy.

"That doesn't change the past Harry! We all know how you are!" Nialls normal pale face was bright red in anger.

"Guys seriously, this has to stop!" I shout standing in between them, it felt like a reoccurring nightmare, constantly being pulled into a fight that I somehow started.

Harry turned to me, ignoring Nialls angry grunts. He went to speak but closed his mouth tightly. I stared up in Harrys deep green eyes, my heart pounding in my chest. The feeling that always comes when he's around came back, a hundred times stronger.

"I can change for you." Harry whispered gently touching my cheek. "I can be better."

Tears prickled my eyes as I realized how much my soul burned for this boy, I needed him. "I don't want to be hurt Harry."

Before Harry could speak, Niall interrupted him "He'll hurt you Nat, it's what he does best."

"Shut up!" Harry began to charge but I laid my hands on his hard chest hoping he'd stop. He holted and looked down at me, a gentle look upon his face. "At least give me a chance, I knew we had something even before this, we're meant to be together."

Niall let out a loud shaky breath, causing me to turn around. I thought I wanted Niall all this time, but when I looked at him, it was nothing like looking at Harry. Everything felt right with the curly haired boy, with Niall it just felt.. safe. Despite what happened with us before, I knew with Niall my heart was secure.

"You have to choose Nat." The blue eyed boy took a look behind me at his friend for a sign of acceptance.

"Take your pick." My soulmate muttered from behind me. I closed my eyes for a moment, taking it all in.

Do I pick the safe route or take a chance at true love?