▶ Chapter #29: Poisoned.

Chapter #29: Poisoned.

A/N: Hours prior to the kidnapping of Sethyna from frank's diner. Vote and Comment like crazy. Enjoy.

Pearl was standing with her backside leaning against the marble counter --a skeptical gaze fixated on her son with a knowing smirk in the corner of her red-raspberry lip-stick.

"Kascha?" She question's, effectively breaking whatever trance he was sucked into for the tenth time today --Not including over the past year altogether. She could tell --something was wrong.
And if she knew her own son, which she made a critical point too, then she was well informed about the cause of his conflicted state.

Sure Klause throne was intact, he never really failed in that department, doing everything mechanically like clockwork. But Pearl knew Klause was aching. Mainly his heart. His soul. Everyone knew, well, those closest to The Mobster did. Also cautious of the Mobster because wrong words could lead to a nice lip shiner if anyone besides those he trusted.

Pearl huffed, knowing this conversation was long overdue but never done because Klause was always a stubborn soul. Never doing anything he felt wasn't necessary, or intentional. But like most parent's she couldn't just allow her son to suffer forever. He needed to address this hunger he felt for a certain fair skinned caramel eye teen. Now. "He deserves to know atleast--"

Klause was almost startled by the sound of his mother, concerns were evident in her tone as always, just as it were when she was told Sethyna was no longer welcomed into the family. He made it quite clear to his mother that he absolutely forbid her to make contact with Sethyna whatsoever. But unfortunately going up against The former German mafia leader's wife in what she wanted was a Epic-fail said by Jackov and Gregor, ...simultaneously.

Although Klause was creeped out by their ganging up on him, albeit he shouldn't be since it was a usual occurrence in their family. Klause was painfully aware of what his mother's true gaol now, because she often did exactly what he wished her not too. For example; here they were, the entire family and friends in the Exact part of town Klause had Sethyna dropped off from the yatch.

Exactly three miles from Sethyna's location. Where Seth worked two job's and lived in a rundown apartment complex. And pearl was no fool, obnoxious and oblivious at times but no fool indeed. Klause was pretty sure out of all the destinations worldwide she could go, Klause was set to actually believe she chose this exact longitude and latitude specifically without any help from one of his men or on a simple guess? No. Klause was crazy, yes he'd admit it but he wasn't that crazy.

So the desired question remain yet to be answered. Who snitched Sethyna's location? That could be any number of subordinates when it came to Pearl, people were afraid of disappointing her and facing the wrath of Gregor. Oh so scared.

Klause gaze flickered back and forth to endless guest and family whom help set up decorations to Pearls specific coordination until grey irises ultimately landing on Volney hiding away beside a wall listening to their conversation. But quickly turned away from Klause and Pearl's view.

With a calm stature the older mobster pierced his scrutiny through Volney until it was unavoidable in meeting his stare. Upon turning around Volney adjuted his most needed pleading puppy-dog face but Klause gaze only intensified and Volney shivered muttering an apologetic squeak. As Klause mouthed out: Of course it would be you. Volney didn't need to hear Klause voice to know it was uttered in a very scolding dark tone.

Turning to face his mother's earlier question with as much politeness as possible, he crossed his tattered arms over his covered self by a custom made suite tailored to fit himself exactly. Pearl whom waited patently for her sons head to gather back together while rolling her soft maple eyes. Klause sighed "He knows well enough mutter{mother} so please just let it be and enjoy your we--"