▶Chapter #7: Rightful Owner | part 1.

Chapter #7: Rightful Owner | part 1.

Meeting new people, associating with new people was never one of my strong points. Having social anxiety adds to that horror. Though now that i think about it i have no strong points basically. Despite that fact, i can sense people's immediate unwelcome of my presence. So imagine how i feel in a fancy restaurant with mafia men in black. Jackov sat calmly next to me with his two security guards five feet away from us watching everyone that moves near the two of us.

The old man that sat across from me, in front of me blocked my view of the exit with his many men in black that seemed to hate my very existence like i'm insulting, or was some unworthy peasant on forbidden territory. Jackov said I was to call the old guy- uncle, uncle--held this weird vibe. He was smiling, but it never reached his eye's. He was starring at me, yet it felt like through me. He was a normal looking old man, but it was just something with him that doesn't exactly qualifies as normal. However rude that may be. He just seemed like he had everyone figured out. His exterior was screaming unsettling thing's to me but i did recognized one person there, the dude with the green eye's.

I peeked at jackov but his attention was focused elsewhere, towards uncle. We were in a triangle, i stare at jackov, jackov stared at uncle, uncle stared at me.

"Sir, your wine." A waiter asked. I wanted to praise the waiter, kiss the carpeted flooring he walks upon because his interruption was a blessing in disguise. I could breathe normally for a second while so called uncle took his glass and sipped slowly. It was like everyone waited on his approval. He wasn't terrifying but he wasn't easily approached, that would be one way to put it. Green eye's never flinched even when the waiter began visibly fidgeting from unknown fear or probably discomfort, the silver tray tilted an almost dropped the wine bottle on green eyes before he caught it without batting an eye.

"S-sorry." Waiter whispered. Emerald eye's flashed the young man a charming smile- which in return he'd gotten a flushed face-the waiter bowed an hurriedly went on, glancing over his shoulders as he walked away, now attending other customers.

"Gregor." The man's english wasn't as good as jackov and klause but even they had a hard time now and again. Guessing my expression gave it away, "my name, gregor." Oh, that's what he meant.

"Mm, s-sethyna. You can call me seth for sh-short though, if you want i mean." I muttered out stupidly. He nodded thoughtfully, i kept my head low so no one seen my embarrassment sweating down my timple. "He is Boris." Gregor announced, tilting his head in emerald eye's direction. I smiled at him though his face remained neutral. I get the feeling they don't usually talk as much.

"This one here," gregor points lazily towards jackov. "Tells me my nephew has taken quite interest in you. I have to admit i was without doubt skeptical, klause is not by any means a normal man, him taking intrest in someone is...rare." i breathed deeply, klause hasn't taken an intrest, i'm only a working pet. A bargaining deal. "Especially since he's not capable of any real emotions. So imagine surprise when little birdies told me he has adopted child?" If he's talking to bird's he should get that checked out?

"Mine too." I said. I still feel surprised by all this to be blunt, i feel as if i'll wake up in my crappy room in Wilson's crappy apartment at any moment.

"Klause?" My head was up faster than i would think possible at the mention of his name, my heart pumped at an incredibly high rate. Unfortunately he was not here. "Should be here soon." Jackov answered in a robotic tone.

"Ah, i get the impression he wishes to be as late as possible." Gregor sighed sadly. I sat up a little straighter, huffing lowly. It's sad he seems to really want to see klause in person, "i wish to see the family all in person next time, jackie." He swallowed more of his wine. Out of the corner of my eye i could have sworn i seen jackov grip his fork with unnecessary force on instinct. I unconsciously placed my hand over the trembling hand without thinking we made eye contact and i scrunched my face up worried, he was acting weird, this whole restaurant situation was weird. "It would seem that charm works on many, sethyna." Gregor commented on our intertwined fingers. What's wrong with comforting someone?