Chapter 14: Isabell Part 2

So this one will still be in Isabell's POV, and it's going back in time to where she's still at the school. If it sucks, I know, just say so and I'll try and enhance it a bit. But, for now, here you go.

***^^***

Why was Hadie's schoolyard so big? I haven't even made it to the front door yet. Hadie's classmates keep bumping me and I can't see above their heads. This was exhausting. How was I ever gonna find his friends if this kept going on?

I continued my trek for a few more minutes, but then I needed a break. Thankfully, I spied a picnic table not too far to my right. I hurried over to it and sat with my butt on the top.

Unfortunately, sitting left me with too much idle time for my mind to become replete with worries.

Was this too much for me? Could I really be doing the right thing? Although she was horrible, she was still my mom despite any prayers on my part. Was I too young to play the part of the savior?

I dropped my filled brain into my hands. I willed myself not to succumb to tears but I wasn't old enough for that amount of self-control. I sniffles loudly, how was I ever gonna help Hadie? He was counting on me and I couldn't even find his friends. My shoulders shook and hiccups racked my tiny frame.

" What's the matter?" questioned a soft girlish voice that echoed so similarly to Hadie's.

" My br-brother's gonna die and I ca-can't find his friends to save him!" I wailed loudly, my voice shaking with my lachrymose.

" Who's your brother, sweetheart?" The voice was worried.

" Hadie." I said and at the voice's sharp intake of breathe I looked up. My eyes widened in shock. The voice that was so reminiscent of Hadie's belonged to a teen that looked exactly like him, but she resembled his healthiest form.

" Are you Hadie's little sister?" I nodded, too bemused to speak. " Where is he?" I knew then that I needed to speak, this was definitely too critical a situation for me to suddenly turn mute.

" My mom has him locked in the basement. She's not even feeding him and he's hurt and sick! Please, you have to help him!" I begged her needlessly since she already had her cellphone out and was dialing a number.

" Hello, 9-1-1, I have information on the missing student, Hadie Davids."

The teen went on, telling them all that I told her, and when she asked for my address, I gave it. Then she hung up the phone.

" Don't worry, he's gonna be okay." She smiled down at me and I released her, unconsciously I had grabbed hold of her baggy T-shirt.

" Who are you?"

" Hadie's sister."

***^^***

They reached him in time. I stood outside, clutching Hayden's hand as the ambulance's siren screamed. The paramedics pushed Hadie on the stretcher, leading him into the open ambulance doors. I wanted to ride with him, but they said I was too young so I only watched.

Just as they shut the doors, a honey blue Beetle Bug drove up, jumping the curve in it's hurry to get near. Before the car had even parked, a boy with scene - style, a blonde couple and a girl I recognized as Jade came running up.

" Where is she?" This was the scene boy.

" She? Oh, Hadie you mean?", remembering that all his friends thought him to be a girl." Hadie's fine."

I looked up at him, waiting for a response he wasn't going to give. Because he had caught sight of Hayden.

" Who are you?"

Hayden raised an eyebrow at his tone, a mix of distinct distrust and wariness. I wondered if she was actually gonna answer him since she glared so obstinately at him.

" I'm Hadie's biological sister, Hayden. His true sister, " she gave me a contrite glance, but I understood what she was saying. Although I had grown up thinking he was family, he had never been truly my sibling. It was simply another cruel song my mother sang, another lie she gave me.

I looked away and felt the tear curling the length of my tiny nose, and I dashed it away before it dried and stained my cheeks.

Hayden's pale hand touched my cheek and I leaned into it, it was a familiar comfort Hadie always gave me when I needed it. 'They really must be twins,' I thought contentedly. I gave a delighted sigh and huddled closer into Hayden's side. Nothing could break this feeling. I spoke a little to soon because soon after I thought this, a scream rent the air. It was my mother's voice.

" Give her back, you fiends! I'm trying to protect her! She's mine!" She shrieked, fighting against the police's double-teaming. They each held her arms despite the hand cuffs. This was because her struggles made it hard for them to make her walk. She yanked hard against them and I was sure her shoulders would pop out of place.

My mom looked just as she always looked, the old 50s style with her blonde hair hairsprayed to a hard wig. Her eyes were the same blue with the same vibrance but somehow dulled either by her clear insanity or maybe it was something covert inside her, but whatever the cause she stared fiercely at me, her eyes rolling in her sockets and spittle flew from her mouth.

Looking at her, her eyes softened as she saw my stare.

" Ah, Isabell, my sweet Bell," her face glowed for a moment then fell with her voice twisted in despair. " what have they done to you? Hanging around those vile children that corrupted your poor sister's mind!" she wailed.

" Hadie's mind isn't corrupted, mother." I shook my head at her.

" It is, my sweet Bell, it is. And yours too, from exposure to those debauched fiends, but don't you worry. Mommy won't let them keep you for long, nor your sister." She reassured me, but, incidentally it didn't comfort me in the least. I felt the most sinister feeling crawl in the pit of my stomach.

****^^****^^****

Hi guys I'm back:) I know I haven't been interacting with everyone and all, but life is kind of consuming at the moment. I hope I can start getting back on my weekend updating schedule but I make no promises. However, once again, I hope you're enjoying the storyline.

Comments?

Future Prediction?

A question for this chappie: What did you guys think when Isabell's mom talked to her? Is it suspicious?