Chanted 22: Final ( for now)

Hey guys , listen to the song first before reading this last chapter, since it pretty much tells you what's gonna happen. I'm not saying that Hayden's story won't continue because I'm ending this. Girly Boys is merely a prequel to the actual story, so its basically just part one. The second part will have the true ending, so I hope you guys will stay with me to see the end. In any case, Thanks for reading for now.

Hayden's POV

I was walking away, not watching where my feet were leading me. I didn't want to stay and watch him with that boy. My chest ached just looking, and I didn't know if I could keep it together if I stayed.
I wasn't crying. I know it shocked me to notice, but my eyes were dry. My heart felt everything, and nothing at all. It was like the shock of it had left me broken somehow. Was I truly broken, though? I couldn't answer that.

I stopped for a moment, looking around at my surroundings. Wherever I was, it wasn't anywhere near my high school. I was looking at a cracked sidewalk and streets laced with deep potholes and yellow lawns with splatters of green. I felt a sense of trepidation leak through me. This area wasn't one I had ever traversed, and instinct drove me to escape. I turned, looking back the way I'd come, but a group of thugs exited a house and were crowding the sidewalk.

Since I didn't want to get close to them, I looked for another path, but the only path left was crossing the street. Biting my lip and frowning, I tried to step out into the street, but a car, suddenly, sped fast, stirring the air around me and my knees buckled, my jean-clad legs crumbling to the ground as I cowered with my hands thrown up to shield my face, eyes teary. I was a guy, but my feminine weakness still clutched at my chest. Pathetic.

And attention grabbing, apparently, since those thugs were looking, curiously, in my direction. I didn't like their sudden interest in me, or the leery and greedy looks they were giving me.