Epilogue

--- Epilogue ---

*Chase Lancaster*

"All set?" I asked impatiently as soon as Gage entered the hotel room I was staying in.

After landing in LA, I was sent to stay at hotel with the rest of the family relatives after lunch with Arianna's family while she stayed at her parent's house.  

It had been just six hours I'd left her at her parent's house and I was desperately missing her.

"Yeah." He nodded and dropped himself on the bed. "Sometimes I wish I was married." He mumbled staring at the ceiling.

I stopped buttoning the cuff and eyed him amusingly. "Since when?"

Rolled on his side, crushing his perfectly creased jacket. "Since I found out love really exist."

I laughed at his dazed tone. "You sound like a hopeless love sucker."

"What does that makes you then?" He grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes at him, looking back in the mirror. I looked good, possibly hot and not to mention sexy but nothing that would say 'love-struck'.

But that was what I felt. Every time I was with Arianna, and every moment away from her.

"Did you deliver the package in her hand?" I asked him, maybe trying to distract myself. Her thoughts would make me go crazy.

"Her mom received it."

I nodded, checking the list in my mind. "And what about the other thing?"

He hopped off the bed and came to stand besides me, hovering himself in the mirror. "It's perfect man. And that's what really made me wanna get married too." He grinned at his reflection, launching his elbow in my ribs playfully. "What gave you the idea?"

I raised my eyebrow in question.

"No I mean, you obviously lost your ability to think," he continued to fix his tie without looking at me. "I was just wondering how you got such a brilliant idea."

"What do you mean lost my ability to think?"

"Did you honestly think I'd call you a genius after what you did?" he kept his voice calm.

I narrowed my eye at him. "How'd you know about it?" I don't remember telling him about my plan of faking plane turbulence.

"I had a little chat with the pilot after you landed." He replied carelessly avoiding my eye.

"But of course." I rolled my eyes. There was nothing that Gage McCarthy didn't know about me or what I did.

"And Walter told me you got scared yourself."

"I was scared for her." I said in an insistent way. The truth was I really got scared. It was a plan gone bad. Awfully bad.

"And that's probably why your looked ashen?" he smirked.

"Walter said that?" he nodded grinning from ear to ear. "He just got himself dismissed." I stated matter-of-factly.

Still grinning like retards Gage spoke again. "Just admit it Lancaster that was one hell of a stupid plan."

"I admit." Like it would hurt admitting I made one really stupid mistake in my life?

"And that you deserved the hit." Gage quickly looked away when I shot my gaze at him.

"What hit?" I narrowed my eyes turning to him.

"Seriously you're gonna keep it from me?" Gage turned to me, raising his eyebrow. "I'm your buddy!"