Chapter 28: Take A Blow

Three months later; During the middle of August, Kayla began to feel sick constantly. She also became moody towards Nick and Kelsiee. Sometimes she would even feel lugubrious and didn't want to be vexed by anyone's voice.. Nick became frustrated around Kayla because he didn't know if she'd bark at him or she'd be slightly happy to be around him. Kelsiee didn't even wanna live with her mother anymore after her moody problems started. She wanted to live with her father in Manhattan.

One afternoon, Nick returned home from work finding Kayla lying on the couch. She had a bucket near the couch, in case she needed to throw up. Nick walked over to Kayla as she lied there hopelessly.

"Aww baby, you don't look good." Nick bent down by the couch. "You've been acting different lately."

"Really?" Kayla said in a hoarse voice. "I just have been throwing up a lot. Nothing major."

"Not only that. You've been popping off at Kelsiee and I for nothing." Nick said in a sad tone. "I think we need to take you to the doctor."

"Noooo. I'm fine Nick." Kayla whined as if she was a little kid.

"Kay, put on your shoes." Nick pleaded. "We're going to the doctor." Nick demanded with a louder tone.

"Who are you fussing at?" Kayla sat up quickly. "I told you I don't need to go to the doctor!" Kayla barked as she stood up.

Nick grabbed Kayla's throwing up bucket and lead her to the door. Kayla tried to force herself out of his grip, but he had a firm grip on her body. As Nick helped Kayla into the car, she began throwing up in the bucket again. He then hopped into the driver's side and began driving to the doctor.

"You're pissing me off." Kayla rolled her eyes and looked out the window.

"I wanna know what's wrong with you." Nick sighed as he continued driving.

"There's nothing wrong with me Nick." Kayla threw her hands up.

"Kay, I'm not about to fuss with you." Nick shook his head.

Nick headed to the local doctor's office that wasn't too far from Kayla's art studio. As he arrived into the parking lot of the doctor's office, Nick hopped out of the car and assisted Kayla out of the passenger's side. They began heading inside, appearing at the receptionist desk. The receptionist was a caramel skinned woman, with a natural small black fro, she was skinny as if she was starving herself, and had a Winnie The Pooh scrub clinging to her anorexic body.

"Hi how may I help you?" The receptionist asked with a benignant smile.

"Well we're walking in to see a doctor." Nick scratched his head.

"What's your name?" The receptionist placed her fingers on the keyboard.

"I'm not here for myself. We're here for her." Nick pointed to Kayla.

"My name's Kayla Campbell." Kayla shook her and giggled lightly.

"Okay. Please fill out this form and take a seat. The receptionist said in a calm tone as she handed him a form and a clipboard.

"Alright. Thank you." Nick grabbed the clipboard.

"You're welcome."

"You heard the woman. So, here." Nick handed Kayla the clipboard as he continued guiding her to an unoccupied seat.

"I'm not filling that out." Kayla said with a disturbing attitude. "I don't know why I'm even here."

Nick sighed heavily and grabbed the clipboard from Kayla. "Well I'll write everything down. When I ask you something, answer me."