Chapter 11: You're Cordially Invited.

It was the day before Christmas and Kayla really had no plans since she had already finished Christmas shopping. Kelsiee joined Uncle Lenny along to his girlfriend Charity's house. It was the second time Kayla was away from Kelsiee, but she actually needed a nice break. As Kayla watched holiday movies on the couch, her phone vibrated beside her and it was Asia calling. She answered the call to hear a lot of noise in the background.

"Hey Asia. What's going on?" Kayla asked in a confused tone.

"Ahh..it's just family at dad's house." Asia walked into her room, so it could be quieter. "Okay do you hear anything now?"

"Oh okay and no not anymore." Kayla rubbed her eye. "So what'd you call me for?"

"Dad is inviting you to come to the Christmas dinner at 8:00 tonight" Asia said in an excited tone. "...I know it sounds weird but he invited mom too." Asia said in a surprising tone.

"What??" Kayla said shockingly. "I don't know if I wanna come because something sounds odd." Kayla shook her head.

"Oh come on Kay." Asia said in a weird tone. "Maybe dad is changing...think about it." Asia said nonchalantly.

"Listen, Asia you're just defending dad." Kayla raised her voice. "He's still gonna call me ugly, so...." Asia cuts her off.

"Please come and bring Kelsiee." Asia smiled watching Manny come in the room.

"Okay I'll think about." Kayla rolled her eyes.

"Good, can't wait to see you." Asia said in a excited tone. "Bye."

"Bye." Kayla ended the call.

Kayla was about to lie down on the couch until, she saw Uncle Lenny and Kelsiee coming in. Kelsiee ran over to Kayla and sat beside her. Uncle Lenny was putting some eggnog in the fridge.

"I missed you mommy." Kelsiee hugged Kayla. "You missed me rwight?"

"Of course beautiful." Kayla hugged Kelsiee tight. "I want you to go upstairs and watch TV. I gotta talk to Uncle Lenny okay?"

"Okay mommy." Kelsiee trotted upstairs.

Uncle Lenny poured some eggnog in a cup and walked over to the couch near Kayla. "So what do you wanna talk about?" Uncle Lenny took a sip of eggnog.

"I have a problem." Kayla said in a bummed tone. "My dad invited me to his Christmas dinner and I don't know if I should go." Kayla gave a confused look. "Am I wrong that I don't really wanna go?"

"Well no, you're not wrong." Uncle Lenny paused setting his cup down. "But, I think you should go see your other relatives. Your mom will be there, so just stay close to her." Uncle Lenny nodded. "Maybe your dad changed in the last two years that you haven't seen him."

Kayla sighed harder. "I guess I'll go."

"Now, don't go giving that angry vibe. If you're not gonna act right, just stay here." Uncle Lenny said in a serious tone. "Nobody is forcing you to go." Uncle Lenny raised an eyebrow.

"You're right." Kayla stood up. "Kelsiee!!" Kayla called out.

Kelsiee came down in less than 3 minutes. She saw her mother looking a little saddened as she got to the bottom of the stairs. Kelsiee hated seeing her mother sad, so she acted silly to make her mother smile and it always worked. Kayla giggled as she bent down to Kelsiee's level.

"I'm going to a dinner tonight with grandma and auntie." Kayla said in a happy tone. "You wanna come?"

"Yess mommy." Kelsiee smiled wide. "Is Nick coming?" Kelsiee asked in a serious tone.