Chapter 7: A Difference

The two months that Kayla was pregnant quickly turned into 5 months. Everybody at school was noticing her baby bump. All the friends she had made were slowly slipping away from Kayla. Even her so-called boyfriend stopped talking to her.

He would wave at her at school, but never come near her. He reminded Kayla of Ginger in the 6th grade. There was three girls that remained by her side since day one. It was Kam, Jayda, and Michelle. Suddenly a dramatic change took over during Kayla's 5 month pregnancy, Calvin decided to switch her to a new school in Hollywood, CA. He had gotten a new job near Asia's modeling agency, so he wanted the family to live closer now.

Kayla was so heartbroken because she liked Cambridge even if no one really liked her there anymore. She didn't want to start over because she would've had to deal with teasing.

The weird part was Calvin didn't know Kayla was pregnant until one night at the dinner table, he noticed how much she was eating. That night they had steak, mashed potatoes, and brocolli. Kayla had two plates in a row. Calvin saw something different about Kayla and it wasn't her 'ugliness' either. It was something else about her that caught his eye. He glared at Kayla closely and saw her stomach was bigger.

"Kay are you pregnant?" Calvin asked giving her strange look.

"Yeah. How long was it gonna take you until you found out?" Kayla asked chewing her food.

"Well I don't know...So you've been sexually active?" Calvin snarled.

"Yes only once dad."

"It only takes one time to make a baby. You digust me and you've always had. I want you out of my house NOW!" Calvin banged his fist on the table.

"This would've never happened if someone loved me." Kayla rose up from the table. "I will leave though and I always knew I wasn't the prized package.." Kayla walked upstairs to get her things.

"Dad, she's 15. Kayla can't just wander off at night alone." Asia said in a worried tone.

"Well she was wandering off at night when she had sex." Calvin shook his head. "I don't care where she goes anyway. It'll just be me and you now." Calvin smiled brightly as Asia scoffed and treaded upstairs.

Kayla was finishing up her packing and getting ready to find a place. She seen this homeless place in an ad. She never thought she would be put out, but she was happy to see it for future references. Asia came in while Kay was zipping up her bags.

"Kayla where are you going?" Asia asked in a worried tone.

"To this place." Kayla showed her the ad. "It's for people who are homeless."

"Eww Kayla. You can't. " Asia whined looking at her.

"Don't worry. Pregnant people get nice rooms that look so beautiful." Kayla smiled. "I'll be fine and if you guys wanted to prevent this from happening, talking about sex would've helped." Kayla went downstairs and headed to the door as Asia followed her.

"I'm sorry I've been so mean to you all these years. It's our..."

"Shut up Asia!! I'm pregnant now. There is nothing you can do okay?" Kayla continued to walk and paused again. "This baby will show love to me more than any of you guys." Kayla scoffed and walked out the driveway with her bags.

Asia sat on the stairs of the house and cried because she started to actually show love to her little sister. It was too late now. Kayla was right though because no one ever showed her real love. All her family would do was torture her and leave her feeling despicable. Kayla felt like she wouldn't be missed anyways.

Kayla arrived at the homeless place just in time to get a room. As she was passing through, a lady stopped her. She saw how Kayla looked very young, but she also recognized her stomach was a baby bump. She said nothing, but lead her to one of the clean pregnant women beds. When Kayla was directed to the room, she saw that the whole room was pearly white. It looked just like the room in the ad. Kayla smiled and slowly plopped down on the soft cotton bed. The lady sat beside her and told Kayla to sign her name on the clipboard. Kayla did as she said.