Chapter 25: Dominique's Wedding Week.

It was the month of December on a Wednesday and the week of Dominique's wedding. Dominique was ecstatic about getting married to Aaron. It was always their dream after she gave birth to Julissa. Everything was nicely planned for the wedding and Dominique hoped nothing would go wrong. At the moment, Dominique was at the bridal shop with her cousins along with Kayla to make sure the dresses were sized right for each of them. The bridesmaids were gonna wear light pink .

"So is everyone sure their dress fit?" Dominique asked nervously.

"Yesss for the 8th time." Tasia (Dominique's cousin) cried out as she placed her hands over her face.

"Okay okay. I just wanna make sure everyone will be comfortable." Dominique slightly smiled.

"I'm hungry. Can we go eat?" Kimberly said in her thick Spanish accent.

"Yeah. You guys go without me. I need some time to think." Dominique took a seat on a bench.

Dominique's cousin ran out of the shop to the car without even checking on how she was truly feeling. On the other hand, Kayla and Julissa stayed with Dominique to keep her company. Kayla watched Dominique turned from ecstatic to unhappy quickly. She and Julissa took a seat on the bench with Dominique.

"Domi, what's wrong?" Kayla asked in deep concern.

"I...I wish my mother and father were attending my wedding." Dominique burst into tears as she held her face.

Kayla sighed taking a glance at Julissa looking down. "Domi, I totally understand . I wish mine will come to my future wedding as well, but we both have to keep moving without them." Kayla rubbed her back in a circular motion.

"You're right, but my dream has always been for my father to walk me down that aisle and hand me over to Aaron. I just wanted my mom to just be at my wedding for the support." Dominique looked down. "I wish I could talk to them, but neither one of them will talk to me."

"Well...Domi what if I call them for you?" Kayla asked in a hopeful tone.

"Kay, that's really sweet of you but my parents are rude and just utterly ridiculous." Dominique rolled her eyes as she sat up.

"I don't mind. Maybe I could get through to them." Kayla smiled as she handed Dominique her phone. "Now put their numbers in here, so I can contact the both of them."

"Kayy really you don't have to..."

Kayla cut Dominique off. "Listen, I'm gonna call them. Now go on and hang with your cousins and I will take Julissa with me, so she can play with Kelsiee."

Dominique didn't say anything. She embraced Kayla tightly and kissed Julissa's cheek. "Thanks Kay." Dominique said before walking out of the bridal shop.

As Kayla and Julissa arrived in the house, Kelsiee was sitting on the couch drawing in her sketchpad. Kelsiee's face became in shock as she watched Julissa take a seat on the couch beside her. Meanwhile Kayla decided to go upstairs to see if Nick was in the bedroom and he was propped up on the bed flipping through channels. Kayla kicked off her sneakers and lifted up on the bed as well.

"Hey babe." Kayla grabbed his face and kissed him softly.

"Hey gorgeous. How was your day?" Nick smiled vividly.

"It was great to me. I think her wedding is gonna be so amazing...It's just that she's a little saddened because her mom and dad is going to be apart of her wedding." Kayla folded her arms and pouted.

"Her parents still aren't talking to her?" Nick asked in an 'I can't believe it' tone.

"Yeah, but I'm gonna try to call them and see if I could get through to them." Kayla pulled her phone out of her purse.