Chapter 19: Surprise.

Two weeks past by and Kayla found herself back at Uncle Lenny's house. Kayla was sitting on the couch waiting for Uncle Lenny to come back home with Kelsiee. As she read her magazine, someone knocked on the door. Kayla quickly answered the door and it was Charity holding a uncooked ham.

"Hey Kayla, could you help me get some other things out of my car?" Charity smiled setting the ham on the counter.

"Sure."

Kayla helped Charity get her other ingredients and other food products out of the car. Uncle Lenny said that Charity was amazing with cooking , so he decided to let her do their small Thanksgiving dinner. 10 minutes later, Charity and Kayla had all of the ingredients sitting on the counter. Charity washed her hands thoroughly and started to make the meal. Kayla wanted to help since she became well with cooking and Charity agreed to let her help. She helped by listening to all of the instructions given to her. 20 minutes later as they continued preparing, Kayla figured out that making Thanksgiving dinner was some hard work. As she finished scraping cheese on the elbow macaroni, Uncle Lenny came in with Kelsiee in his arms. Kelsiee's eyes quickly focused on her mother. She began to scream and demanded to be put down, so she could run to her mother.

"Mommyy." Kelsiee squealed running to Kayla. "I missed youu sooo much." Kelsiee held onto her mother as she held her tight.

"I missed you too Kelsiee." Kayla smiled as she kissed her cheek.

"Mommyy I have to go feed Cupcake." Kelsiee smiled as Kayla set her down.

"Okay." Kayla giggled.

"Baby, you got it smelling good in here." Uncle Lenny smiled.

"I know. Your niece helped me a little, but it's too much for her to handle right now." Charity giggled. "I understand though."

"Well you gotta learn from somebody." Uncle Lenny shrugged jokingly.

"Yeah I kind of learned from you over the years, so that's pretty good right?" Kayla said in a happy tone.

"I guess you're right." Uncle Lenny began to wash his hand as if he was going to help Charity too.

Kayla awed at them working together as they both blushed. She then went upstairs to check on Kelsiee and her puppy Cupcake. They were both on the floor watching tv. Cupcake's bowl of food and water was full. Kayla was proud of Kelsiee being responsible with her puppy at a young age. She lied down on the bed comfortably and decided to text Devon. They really became close as friends. He was more of a best friend than Dominique nowadays.

Kay_Kay: Heyy Dee :)

Dee : Heyy Kay :D are you in Cali now?

Kay_Kay: Yeah. Why?

Dee : I just wanted to make sure you got there safely.

Kay_Kay: Aww well thank you. Did your family make it to NY yet?

Dee : My sister said they should be here in two hours.

Kay_Kay: That's good :) so wyd?

Dee : Watching tv you?

Kay_Kay: talking to you and watching tv with Kelsiee.

Dee : Aw how cute.

Kay_Kay: yeah I'll talk to you later Dee. I think I need a nap.

Dee : Okay lol.

Kayla put her phone on silent and stuffed it under her pillow. She rested her eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep. An hour later Kelsiee and Cupcake fell asleep too. Three hours later, Kayla woke up to delicious aroma hitting her face. It smelled like honey baked ham. She hopped off the bed making her way to the door until she saw Kelsiee lying on the floor. She picked her up gently and lied her down in the bed softly. Kayla finally walked downstairs to see the cheesy, mouth watering, homemade macaroni and cheese in a pan on the table; the succulent honey baked ham ; and smelled like dressing was currently cooking.