제 1 장: The Bird Named Snow

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

Two years ago

Kyungsoo sat at the back of class, reading his favourite book while the rest of the class were all either fooling around or chatting with their friends. I'm sure Kyungsoo would've done the same, but if only he had friends.

Kyungsoo put his things away and stood up. He walked towards the door and right before he was about to exit, the bell rang. Kyungsoo gave a slight smile in victory and he made his way to the bus stop.

Looking out the window of the school, he saw heavy rain. He pulled out his umbrella and started his journey to his house.

Walking out of school grounds and on to the side walk, he stopped and looked at the sky. A snow white bird was flying above and accidentally fell on Kyungsoo. He yelled out, afraid that he was holding an unknown bird on his hands. Kyungsoo couldn't ask anyone for help since there was already no one outside. They all went home.

After calming down, he pulled the bird under his umbrella. Gladly, it was still alive. Kyungsoo ran to the bus stop since he wasted time on the poor bird.

Waiting under the bus stop's roof, he examined the bird. It was still in perfect shape, but it was cold and wet. He hugged the bird a bit closer to share body heat and wiped off the rain on it's feathers with the coat of his uniform.

Suddenly, a girl wearing the same uniform as him came running towards Kyungsoo, without her umbrella. She was one hundred percent soaked in water.

"Snow!" She yelled, facing him.

Kyungsoo seemed confused as he looked up at the sky.

'Snow? I don't see any snow. Just rain...'

The girl finally approached him and exclaimed once again, "Thank you, thank you, thank you! You found my bird!"

'Ah, Snow is the bird's name.' Kyungsoo thought to himself.

He handed the bird to the girl and muttered, "No problem."

"How can I ever repay you? Oh! I've seen you in class before! Maybe I can treat you to lunch tomorrow-" The girl paused, remembering that today was the last day of senior high school.

"Wait, wait. Maybe I can treat you to dinner tomorrow! How does that sound?" She smiled.

Kyungsoo was about to accept her offer since his parents were almost always at work and he had no one to cook for him. He was in the middle of learning how to cook by taking classes, but he wasn't good enough to make his own meal. He was tired of eating canned food. Then again, he can't accept that offer. Tomorrow evening, he had to go to SM to train.

Being an SM trainee was a secret of Kyungsoo and he didn't want people to befriend him only because he'd be a k-pop star. In the end, Kyungsoo didn't have friends.

"Maybe next time." Kyungsoo said he gave a slight smile, seeing that the bus finally arrived.

He handed his umbrella to the soaked girl to prevent her from getting the bird and herself sick.

"W-Wait!" She called out, holding the umbrella and Snow close to her.

Kyungsoo ignored her and entered into the bus. Before the door closed, he heard a faint 'thank you.' Kyungsoo took a seat by the window and smiled to himself, realizing that that was the first friendly action he received in a while.