Part 32

JUSTINE

Is this what I think it is? Luch's back was facing me and a girl's hand interlaced her neck. Luch pulled back before I could even call her. The girl was Maggie. Seriously, pinapunta ako dito ni Luch to witness this? Kaya ba it's hard for her to let me in and give me a second chance kasi there's Maggie? Is this her way of telling me that she chooses this girl over me?

Luch bolted up as I blinked the tears away. My heart constricts at the sight I just witnessed. I felt a shock of pain electrocuted my body leaving me paralyzed. I felt numb but I have to move, I needed to get away from here. I ran for the door and out of the condo. I hit the elevator button and I was praying for it to close immediately, but then Luch place her hands preventing the elevator doors from closing.

L:

"Tin, it's not what you think"

I was mad, furious even. Alam ko wala akong karapatan kasi hindi naman nya ako girlfriend. I hurt her and maybe this was her way of coping up, yung maglaro na mga damdamin. Or maybe she was confused with me or Maggie. But then again she told me she wasn't feeling anything for Maggie. But hindi yun yung nakita ko. It was like they're having so much fun until I barged in. Ano friends with benefits?

She could've told me right away, I will try to understand. Is she doing this on purpose para gantihan ako for the things I did to her? I did it for a reason. Yes I made poor choices and how I wished hindi ko siya agad sinukuan and broke her heart. But then again, it doesn't give her the right to hurt me.

J:

"Is this what you've been meaning to tell me pero hindi mo masabi?

L:

"What? No! What are you even talking about?"

J:

"You texted me telling me to meet you here because you wanted to tell me something"

L:

"I did no-. .Oh Maggie"

She held me in her hands cupping my face. Her eyes were filled with fear. It looks like the last time, the time when I left her at the parking lot.

L:

"Tin, listen to me, I did not text you, Maggie did"

J:

"So ano, she can use your cell phone without your knowledge, and why would she do that in the first place?"

L:

"I don't know maybe she wants you to see us a-and maybe you'd thi-.."

I cut her off shoving her against the cold metal of the elevator.

J:

"Forget it! I know I hurt you and broke your heart but that doesn't give you the right to play with mine."

Luch was frantic like hindi nya alam ang sasabihin nya but she was back holding me, a ping on the door tells me that we are on the ground floor. I shoved her and ran for the sliding doors.

Luch caught up with me on the curb.

L:

"Tin stop, please listen to me. It's not what it looks like, I wasn't kissing her"

J:

"Really? Try telling me that after you wipe that smudge of lipstick in your mouth!"

I walked to my car and she grabbed my arm but then I yanked it from her. I opened the door of my car. It was a mistake being in here. I start to revv up the engine but she just wouldn't let me go. She knocked on my window and I pulled it down to hear what she was saying.