Part 11

P:

"We're here!"

DN:

"Wow the view is amazing"

Hindi ako makagalaw kasi nakatulog si Denise ng halos 2 oras at agak agak ko ang ulo nya hanggang ngayon. She was leaning her head on my shoulder but every bump causes her to slide away from my shoulder making her wake up. And ayaw ko naman nun. This isn't something na sweet gesture or whatever, but I just kind of want to avoid talks with her. I mean 2 hours, the talk could get serious and I just want to forget what happened kaya I opted to let her sleep na lang. Only to find the shock in Carlo's eyes seeing us as he raced to Paolo's car. I lightly shoved Denise still holding her and waking her up.

She opened her eyes slowly and looked at me.

D:

"Hi"

She smiled sweetly.

I want to say hi but all I could do was gaze at Carlo's frantic face, opening the door of Paulo's car ad almost dragging Denise outside.

D:

"Ouch, wait. ."

I immediately climbed out of the car and stood across Carlo and Denise.

C:

"What the hell are you doing?"

L:

"Carlo, dahan dahan naman. Nasasaktan mo na siya"

C:

"Oh please shut up"

D:

"Carlo will you please stop!"

Biglang nilapitan ni Paolo si Denise at nilayo kay Carlo.

P:

"Dude, I swear if you ever do that again to my sister. ."

Denise was quick to stop Paulo from saying anything.

D:

"Pau, I'm okay, please"

I sighed getting my stuff inside the car and I can feel Carlo's eyes on me. I looked at Denise over my shoulder and she mouthed SORRY. Lumapit din si Justine, si Leo sa kanyang likuran to check on us.

J:

"What happened?"

D:

"Nothing Tin, come on let's settle"

We settled along Lake Ainsworth, a fresh water lake popular for swimming, kayaking and stand up paddleboarding. Marami rami din ang tao at nagsisi tayuan na ng kanilang tent. Yung iba RV and tent.

I gaze up into the blue brown waters of the lake, brown because of the tree's reflection that surrounds the lake. The view is breath taking.

I took in the fresh air and the warm breeze hitting my face as I close my eyes feeling this moment. It's like a little escape from reality. And then someone tapped me. Si Justine. I opened my eyes seeing her beautiful face.

And honestly, honestly I almost got carried away. I pulled myself close to her, close enough to admire her perfect face.

J:

"You do realize that we are not done yet"

A smile crept into me as I marvel with her words. Sure we're not done yet. But reality hit me fast and yes, she had a boyfriend.