Part 23

It's been 3 weeks since I got out of the hospital. The pain was tolerable few weeks after the accident so the pain killers were doing a really great job. I was scheduled to come back at the hospital today since the cast was yet to be removed. I've been dying to get this thing in my arm kasi ang hirap hirap gumalaw at ang kati kati, not to mention the smell, yeah it's quite disgusting.

Justine was with me ever since I was out of the hospital. Ayaw ko sana kasi kaya ko naman but she insisted on staying so she can look after me, and yes, walang tangang magrereklamo pa nun. I am the first person she sees when she wakes up and the last at night.

How can I complain?

They say that a girl is at her most beautiful state in the morning, but in Justine's case, it's like 24/7.

Baduy? I know.

I was in the living room waiting for Justine to get her bag, sasamahan nya ako sa ospital ngayon.

She jogged down the stairs, eyes boring into mine as I take time to appreciate this gorgeous angel sent from heaven.

J:

"Ready?"

L:

"Ready when you are"

She took my right arm, guiding me outside the house.

L:

"Tin, I'm okay, kaya ko na"

She just simply rolled her adorable eyes at me.

We got into my car, Justine on the driver's seat and revving it up.

L:

"I hate it when you do that"

J:

"Like this?"

She rolled her eyes the second time and gave me a goofy grin.

L:

"Yeah whatever"

J:

"If I know"

Justin has been acting pretty strange the past weeks, she laughs even at the lightest joke, like kahit korny na grabe yung tawa nya. It's as if she's drowning the sadness into a fake laughter.

L:

"Any news on Denise?"

Justine's face fell as she shook her head.

We are on the stop light when I brought up the topic.

After the night Justine confessed that we are together, everything went down the hill. The next morning Denise was gone, walang pasabi, no nothing. The siblings were oblivious as to where she could possibly go. 

She sent a text to Danielle though, saying not to worry about her, and that she was safe. They phoned in Carlo but even him, walang alam. They went to the hospital where Denise was working but found out that Denise didn't report for her shift that day, and until now for the past 3 weeks.

Paulo has been calling Denise's workmates asking them for possible updates, but even them walang masabi. Paulo is very worried about her sister na gustong gusto na nyang sabihan ang parents nila but anong sasabihin nya, na nawala si Denise? That she ran away or she was kidnapped? Hindi nya alam kung ano ang sasabihin nya kaya telling his parents wasn't the best option.

Iba naman ang opinion ni Danielle, sabi nya baka Denise still communicates with their parents kasi kung hindi man daw, siguradong tinawagan na daw sila nun. Actually it was hell confusing.