Part 25

JUSTINE

Finally, I can say that masaya na siya. Her eyes held a different kind of glow, parang nangugusap. Her smile was the happiest I've seen her, and I'd do anything to keep that smile on her face, even if it meant losing my own.

DN:

"Ate Congrats, finally"

P:

"Wala ng atrasan yan ha"

D:

"I'm lost for words like hindi pa nag si sink in sa akin"

I held her hand to mine.

J:

"I'm so happy for you Nise"

Kyle emerged from the dining hall, a huge smile on his face.

K:

"Hey where's my fiancé?"

P:

"Congrats bro, panindigan mo yan ha!"

K:

"Yes sir"

He gestured a salute to Paulo and then grabbed Denise by the waist and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

D:

"I don't know what to say, kaya pala ayaw mong sumama ako"

K:

"Sorry babe but that would ruin the surprise"

The newly engaged couple disappeared along the beach line in this warm July evening.

Yes Denise is now engaged to marry her boyfriend of 1 year, Kyle.

He was a patient of Denise at the hospital she's working. Kyle had a car wreck and miraculously survived. He was hospitalized for 3 months and Denise was on the floor where Kyle was, so yun doon nag simula ang kanilang love story.

I laid flat on this cozy recliner sitting along the long shoreline of this magnificent beach, gazing under the stars. After almost 2 years, I still find myself thinking about her.

I remembered her features all too well, like the way the corner of her eyes crinkle when she smiles, when her lips move into a sexy curve when I tease her, how her eyes sparkle with just the plain sight of me.

God I miss her.

I missed the way she holds my hand, giving it soft squeezes in between.

I missed how she stares at me, her mesmerizing gray eyes boring into mine.

I missed her soft hands draping around my waist, basically just the way she holds me.

I missed the way she carries herself especially around me.

I missed all of her.

And I definitely miss the person I was with her.

Siguro totoo yung sinasabi nilang

"If only I can turn back time"

Siguro I would make things right. I was so caught up with Denise missing and I know I was to blame for it. Even though Luch and Pau tried to assure me na hindi ko kasalanan, I can't help but feel guilty. Saying it to her was hard but at the same time I felt so relieved and I was full of hope that maybe maiintindihan niya ako, kami.

I can still remember that night, the night that I told her that I am in a relationship with Luch. At first akala niya I was just joking to somehow light up her mood. But when I told her that it wasn't a joke and that it was the truth, she just couldn't stop crying. She was asking me bakit daw ako, bakit daw hindi siya.