Part 19

It was hard walking away from Justine's hold because it's all I've wanted and more, but in an hour she needs to be at work so I took all the strength I had to let go of her. I find it unusual that I was acting all mushy and sappy but I think love makes you do something out of the ordinary. 

Wait Did I just say love? Yes I just did I guess, not that I'm afraid to say it or to be feeling it, it's just that, I think it's been ages since the last time I felt this way. Even last time wasn't this strong or consuming, so yeah I think I got it bad.

I climb into my car, cranking it to life as I waved her goodbye. She nodded and waved me off. I was out of the main gate when I noticed her jacket in the passenger seat. I decided to get back inside to give it to her. I parked my car outside the house and climbed off of it.

Justine was still outside, maybe waiting for me to completely take off.

I called out to her as I walked up the front porch.

J:

"You missed me that soon?"

I raised an eyebrow as I handed her the sweater.

L:

"Feeling?"

She shoved me lightly taking the sweater in my hand.

J:

"Fine"

A smile crawled up my face as I pulled her close to me. Here we go again. Parang ang hirap pigilan ang sarili ko na hawakan siya.

L:

"It's weird but I do miss you even when we're this close"

Her cheeks turned red and she shook that grin, little did she know, nakita ko yun.

J:

"Yeah, too bad I need to be at work in like less than an hour"

She pushed me in my chest, shoving me lightly. I did not protest because I know holding her longer would escalate in multiple things happening and we were out on the daylight. Hindi naman sa nagtatago kami but I haven't talked to Paulo and Denise would sure show up any minute.

Teka san na nga ba yun? Hindi ko siya nakita kagabi, I didn't know if she was at work or out with friends or whatever. But anyway, keeping it down low was the right thing to do.

I waved her off and turned my heels to exit, and then jogged my way to the car. I parked across the main gate and was already crossing a good half of the street when I noticed a black sedan not far from where my car was.

I took time to notice that the driver was on his seat, though his face I cannot clearly see. And para bang I felt something strange like the driver was looking at me like spying or whatever. Pero hindi ko na lang pinansin, maybe I was just being paranoid and the car was actually waiting for someone in Justine's neighborhood.

I sped down the road reaching the main street wrapping my head on all the things that happened in the last 12 hours. I was completely overwhelmed just thinking about it and I couldn't hide that grin plastered on my face.

I had the best night by far. I got to know Gavin at nakasama ko siya. Though hindi ko alam kung ano sila ni Paulo but for sure, he is someone important to Pau. And I'm still looking forward to spend time with him and Pau. Masaya ako for Pau, seeing how the corner of his eyes crinkle when he laughs, it was one of those genuine ones and it was the happiest I've seen him.

And there was Danielle, she was insanely smart and I still can't figure out why she was so fond of me. Kinulit nya ako about Canberra and I promised her na isasama ko siya sa opening. She was giggling with joy just like a little girl.