Part 12

JUSTINE

We settled in our rustic dining table as we go over dinner. The birthday boy was seated in the middle, with Luch on his left and me on his right side. Danielle sat beside Luch and is now busy taking pictures of her food. Blogger daw kasi siya, food blogger.

 Dinner is going slow. Luch and Paulo exchanged talks and Danielle joining the convo once in a while. But for Leo and I, it was all silence, same goes for Carlo and Denise. Before we ate we sang Paulo a happy birthday and made a toast for the birthday boy.

Masarap naman ang hinanda nina Luch at Pau, but it's like I've lost my appetite having to deal with Leo. I mean he followed me here in Aus to fix our relationship, but for almost a month now, wala pa rin.

He said he'll change but I can't see anything. Wala siyang pinagbago, mas lumala pa ata. And I'm starting to lose my patience for him. I know I can't just blow him off kasi may pinagsamahan din naman kami, but he's making it so hard for me right now. And then I remember Luch. I was caught off guard sa sinabi niya sa akin kanina.

I still can't believe what she told me. She feels something for me, something so strange, but so strong at the same time. I wonder what it was.

I felt sorry for her, having to avoid me and Denise for our boyfriend's sake. And right now she doesn't even look at me. I want her to look at me. I want to see those gray eyes that holds so much hurt. Kung pwede ko lang pawiin ang lahat ng sakit sa isang tingin. I know nahihirapan na siya.

Kung hindi lang kay Paulo sigurado akong hindi na siya sasama ngayon. If I can just have some alone time with her. If we can just talk this out. I stared at her hoping that she'll look at me and we'd get lost in our own little world again. But wala, ayaw niya akong tingnan. Maybe she just wants to avoid drama.

Knowing her, ayaw nya ng gulo. I can see her face starting to turn red with the sun's heat kanina. She's got this summer glow that looks perfect on her.
And all of a sudden then her eyes met mine. She is now staring at me and I swear my cheeks were burning. It was as if Luch's sun burn transferred into mine.
She held her gaze and smiled sweetly at me. 

And I can't help but look at her amazing lips na ngayon namumula na rin sa init. One look and I was lost. It was like I was hypnotized by her glare and going back to reality would take a lot of effort. But then Leo nudged me, like a strong one, pulling me back to reality.

Leo:

"Tin would you mind if I go sleep na? I got so tired with the trip"

Then as soon as Leo said that, he kissed my cheek and stood to leave. I caught Luch rolled her eyes and stared Paulo. Paulo shrugged and they both laugh.

J:

"What?"

I questioned them. They exchanged glances and stood to leave. I followed them holding the paper plates.

J:

"What was that?"

They pretended not to hear me then continued fixing the table.

J:

"Ako na to, Nielle can you help me out?"

DN:

"Uhmm ate Tin sleepy na rin ako, sori"

Hindi ko na namalayan na nakaalis na din si Denise and Carlo. It seems they are fighting over something.

L:

"I'll help you"

J:

"No, it's okay, kayo na ni Pau nagluto"