Part 15

JUSTINE

We survived the whole 4 hours of driving back to Perth from Lennox Head. May isa pa sana kaming destinasyon bago umuwi but apparently no one wants to go already, so we head home straight. 

It was mid-afternoon when we reached home. Leo helped me haul my things out of Paulo's car and into my room. I was tired and so was Leo, plus his bad ankle was taking its toll on him. But I knew this was the right time.

 Ayaw ko nang patagalin pa ito. I knew this was the right thing to do. I don't want to go around the bush anymore. If telling him the truth means hurting him then by all means gagawin ko na. The whole 4 hours going back home was tiring, emotionally and mentally. I thought of what Paolo told me earlier, that I have to sort things out with Leo.

 I knew I wasn't feeling anything beyond friendship towards Leo. Maybe the reason why I was holding back and so afraid of what he might think because I know Leo is in for the trouble. Alam ko it will hurt his ego, and knowing him, hindi siya magpapatalo, especially not with a girl. And it scares me kung ano ang pwede nyang gawin kay Luch. Plus I know If I tell him the truth, he's gonna tell everyone who knew me back home and the thought of it scares me. 

I'm starting to understand Denise right now. But I want Luch in my life. I want our relationship to go further. Yes, I'd be judged but who cares, she makes me happy. Kung iisipin ko si Leo o ang mga taong huhusga sa akin, I will never find happiness. Besides I wasn't born to please them so the hell I care of what they think about me.

I sat in my bed and Leo sat beside me. It felt like he already knew something was coming.

Leo:

"Pansin ko kanina pa malalim ang iniisip mo"

J:

"Leo, about last night. . "

Leo sat straight looking at me straight in the eye.

Leo:

"Tin, I'm so sorry about last night"

J:

"Were you?"

He sighed heavily and shifted in his seat facing away.

J:

"Leo, I appreciate you coming here in Aus and all to make up for your past mistakes but. ."

Leo:

"But, it's not enough right? Tin I can wait, kaya ko pa"

J:

"No Leo please listen to me. I appreciate you coming here but honestly yun lang naman yung ginawa mo. You never put any more effort to fix us. And even if you did. . . I'm sorry but I don't feel anything for you anymore, besides being a friend"

Leo shook his head, anger arising in his chest and this is what I'm afraid of.

Leo:

"You're not dumping me Tin, I worked hard just to get here and hindi ako uuwing talunan!"

J:

"What? Was this all a game to you? That you'd win and I'd be your trophy or prize? Well grow up little boy because that's not going to happen"

I stood up for the door to make him leave but instead he grabbed my wrist and I saw something dark in his eyes.

Leo:

"And why's that, because of your little girlfriend? Huh? You really think magpapatalo ako sa kanya? . If she's the reason why you're not choosing me then it's simple. Eliminate other options"