Chapter 46: Cruentus

<------------707 VOTES ;)

 I'm going to start out by saying... LISTEN TO THIS DAMN SONG. This is the song I listen to when I get stuck writing this story. EVERY lyric relates to this book.

~Nothing by lies and crooked wings ~You are the Faith inside me ~Don't remember, remember. ~Put me to sleep Evil Angel ~Don't, don't surrender. ~Open your wings Evil Angel

LISTEN TO THE SONG TO THE RIGHT. I COMMAND YOU!!!!!!!! (Phew got a little crazy there.)

*************************************************************************************************

I lay on my back on my fluffy comforter not knowing whether to cry hysterically, prank call someone, sleep, or call my Therapist. Then I debated whether to do all three.

My face broke out from the makeup.

I had a throbbing headache

Marcy was passed out on the couch with a book on her lap therefore I had no one to talk to but myself, plus I received a text from her that she had some guys coming over later. She said one was perfect for me, Josh; the other was perfect for her. She added that a boyfriend was just what I needed in my life and I would be so much happier. I was very skeptical as I read the text.

But I was a mess.

I was fighting the urge to storm back to Devin & Son and take the Son part by the ear, throw him into a car, and then haul him off a massive cliff, laughing to myself crazily as I ate the most delicious sandwich to ever walk the planet.

My stomach gurgled at that thought. It was clear that last part of the plan was interfered by my monstrously hungry tummy. But I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t cry. I couldn’t prank call. I couldn’t throw David off a cliff; too many flaws with that one.

But could I call my Therapist?

I rolled over on my bed and faced the window, the window which was opened the night before, allowing the cloak an opportunity to drag me out. A solid shiver spread down my spine at the memory of what the cloak had told me and how I believed almost every word it had said. I believed it more than Death himself. 

Death.

The person who had completely lipsticked my face with black lipstick. Who only left two post-its and a half-eaten sandwich in the fridge. The sandwich someone really stressed out, someone really confused, someone so driven to the edge that the sandwich they had created was the only hope of happiness they had when they arrived home from a dreadful day of David.

My sandwich,” I hissed at the ceiling.

All guys are bastards, I cursed silently and rolled over to face the ceiling. I had closed all of my blinds and turned off all of my lights making my room virtually dark, since there was yet another unforgiving storm brewing its power from outside.

Oh Chicago…

I rolled over again to face my door, willing it to open and have a pizza guy step in.

I smacked myself in the head because of that rebellious thought. A pizza guy? Really? Which pizza guy did I exactly want? The actual one who would just let me pay them and leave, or the one who only pretended to be the pizza guy just to watch me suffer?

“I hate this,” I groaned, and rubbed my face with my hands. I felt so uncomfortable in my own skin after leaving the office, after seeing David’s screensaver. Tiara was just so beautiful…so stunning…so…