Chapter 9: Hide And Go Death

After driving around aimlessly for hours, thinking about what the hooded man said, I finally ended up in my driveway.

Maybe this is all some sick prank Marcy is pulling. We always  have played jokes on each other. I took out my cell phone and texted her.

Me: Plz tell me u rn’t playing a prank on me.

I waited impatiently, staring at my foggy covered house. This is just the weirdest weather. I feel bad for the people going out to get candy tonight. My phone chimed, and I flipped it open.

Marcy: Why on earth would I do that?

I stared at the text, getting a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. She would never respond to me like that. She always has those abbreviations for words that nobody understands but her. I need to try something to make sure it’s her.

Me: Do u want to go get candy wit me tonight?

Marcy: What time?

My heartbeat sped up. It’s not her. She would never go trick or treating with me. She’s allergic to chocolate, and she doesn’t eat a lot of sugar.

Me: Where is she?

Marcy: Hmmm…?

Me: Don’t play coy with me. I know you aren’t Marcy.

‘Marcy’: The weather is just terrible. Almost as if something really bad is coming. Don’t you think?

Me: Leave Marcy out of this! Be a man, and stop playing with me you jerk. I know exactly who this is.  Leave me alone, I’m calling the Police!

‘Marcy’: Yeah? Who is it then? Go right ahead honey, call the police.

Shit, I have no idea what that guy’s name is! Why am I even responding to him I need to call the police! This is going to be fine, just tell them exactly what happened. I nervously dialed 911, and the phone started to ring. Just tell him how this guy is dressed like the Grim Reaper, and seems to appear everywhere I am. Also that I tend to almost die around him.

Oh my God they will never believe me. A voice answered the phone, and I quickly went to press END. At the last minute I stopped myself.

“Yes...hi. Um I’d like to report someone who’s…stalking me.”

“No problem, please give me the description of the person, and your address.”

“He wears a black robe, sometimes a leather jacket with jeans, sometimes a beanie, he’s about six foot five…. And he carries a scythe with him! He’s completely nuts and he says I’m going to die tonight. He gave me a specific time! ” I spoke quickly, starting to feel better that I called them.

“Alright, ok Faith Williams. Thank you.”

My stomach dropped, “H-how do you know my name?”

“Just make sure to be at your door at 11:03 and he should stop bothering you,” the woman’s voice assured me.

“Is this some kind of joke how do you—“

“If I were you I wouldn’t call the police I’d call the nuthouse,” the woman’s voice said cheerfully, “tell them all about your little story. I’m sure they will believe you.”

My heartbeat is pounding in my chest at this point. I pulled the phone away from me a little, “Am I dreaming?” I whispered to myself.

“You’re not dreaming, you’re having a nightmare, “the woman corrected. I noticed her voice go deeper towards the end of the sentence.