Chapter 17: Death By Egg Roll

I got arrived in my apartment at three o clock in the afternoon—let me rephrase that; I arrived at my pigs sty at three in the afternoon.

After David was nowhere to be seen I sat in the waiting room for two hours. He never came back and Carol said I could go home. Was he mad at me? Did I ruin my first day of work? I really hope not I have no idea what I did. Those people were so…creepy and I didn’t know what to say. My acting skills never were good and I even told him that

But what’s worse than making your boss angry on the first day of work, is coming home to a dim lit apartment with moving boxes everywhere. Not to mention the ridiculous freezing temperature.

This is ridiculous! I’m having so many problems with this house!

I slammed the door behind me, “Mom, Dad? Marcy?” I screamed, trying to make a path with the boxes. After getting no response I walked to the counter and searched my purse for my cell phone. Seeing the new text message sign on the front screen, I flipped it open.

Mom: Can’t help you today with boxes. Car broke down, and power outage in our house. I called Nancy down the street from my cell and she said her lights are fine.  How was your first day of work?

I hate power outages, they creep me out.

Me: That’s ok I understand. Are you at least using candles? It’s pretty dark outside.

It’s kind of creepy in here without the lights on. Walking to the switch I turned the lights on, but it wouldn’t’ work. “Great,” I mumbled under my breath. Now I have to call a technician. My phone buzzed, and I sat down by the counter.

Mom: It’s the funniest thing! Most of our candles are missing! Aunt Lisa must have borrowed them. I’m pretty sure Andrew collects candles… or maybe its vases. I don’t remember.

I laughed out loud at that text. Of course he collects candles and vases; because he’s a woman. I picked the phone back up to my face and texted her back.

Me: Marcy left me all alone in this dark apartment, and the lights aren’t working as well as the heater its freaking freezing! She usually wakes up late then is out shopping all day, but thought she would be home by now.

Her response was shockingly fast. I smiled and went to open it, when a loud crash echoed the house. “Marcy?” I called out, “what the heck did you break now!” I sighed, and ran to the bedrooms poking my head into the dark rooms. Nothing broken is on the floor, or even set up.

I know I heard something crash…

The phone buzzed again, and I opened it up.

Mom: Aw, you can always come home… :) But it’s pretty dark here also.

I frowned, my mom is so protective. I’m fine on my own!

The soft sound of voices whispering made my head snap to the direction of the bedroom.  What the hell is that? My heartbeat started to pound, and I reluctantly followed the noise. What if a Zombie is in there to suck my brains out?

Ugh I watch too many horror movies. I ended up in what will soon be my bedroom, and the voices stopped. “Marcy?” I asked the closet, and faced the window.

Maybe I’m just tired; I didn’t get any sleep today. Lighting stuck outside, lighting the apartment. The thunder was loud, and gave me chills.  This storm is getting on my nerves.

The sudden feeling of eyes on my neck made my back tense, and I turned around. I screamed, and put a hand to my chest. Marcy was standing right behind me the whole time. I can see she has a bright pink tank top on and matching sweat pants. “What the hell Marcy, why didn’t you answer me before?”