Chapter 2: Death By Pumpkin Patch

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Vid>>>

~~ is it over yet? In my head.

******************************************************************************************************

So there I sat, on the cold tiled floor thinking of all of the scenarios I could use to explain that some guy dressed as the freaking Grim Reaper was trying to break into the house, not to mention I spotted some sort of object  in their hands that seemed to reflect the moons light; a knife.

Then in a sense of foreboding I thought out loud, "Could this really get any worse for me?"

A loud lock on the door echoed the kitchen.

I stayed where I was, my pulse beginning to throb in the side of my neck. It had to be the guy in the costume, it had to. But what if it wasn't? Maybe it was a sweet old lady who had lost her way and needed directions?

I smacked my head at that thought. This wasn't Red Riding Hood, I had to think realistically! A Grim Reaper was after me!

There goes realistic, my mind commented, then, Hey, if you don’t say anything, maybe he won’t hear you-

“Let me in Faith, I won’t bite. I'm gentle as can be,” a smooth voice spoke from the other side of the door. The tone of the voice was so alluring and blistfully masculine that for a moment, I honestly wanted to obey it.

My eyes grazed the wall in front of me before sliding up to the door knob from behind. I reached a hand up slowly. My black painted nails were inches from the knob when I blinked once, twice, and realized what I was doing.

"NO!"

I clutched my hand in my lap and crawled away from the door. That bastard wasn't going to step one foot into my house, no way, no how.“Go away psycho, or... I’ll—I’ll call the cops!” I screamed, hoping my parents would hear me. 

A pause held in the air as stupidly I waited for a response. "Fine," mystery voice growled, "I'll just come and get you myself, then."

The room temperature seemed to drop as my stumach did and almost immediately, cold air seeped from under the front door. 

"GO AWAY!" I repeated, crawling further back from the door until my back hit the far end of the kitchen. I poked my head into the hallway and then back to the front door, were a shadow began to linger under the door ever so slightly, the color of a dangerous storm cloud.

That was when I saw the long silver blade sneak under the door, curved in such an odd shape I found myself getting up from the floor to get a better look.

My eyes went wide.

A scythe.

 As quickly as it shot under the door, it disappeared. "Good, girl..." the voice said mockingly, "be afraid of the weapon. Now let me in or I'll cut you into ribbons with it and wear you as a tie," the voice finished sharply.

"Not from here you won't!" I snapped back, my heartbeat pumping to a different beat.

“Then I’ll find another way in,” the voice replied with a splash of amusement.

" Where?" I burst out. " All the doors are locked. My parents make sure every night to--"

"You forgot your window," they pointed out, followed by a deep menacing laugh."I'll walk slowly so you actually have a chance."