Chapter 15: Day One: Getting the Boss A Sandwhich

<-----------vote & leave feeback! :D LOVE YOU ALL <3

“Mom, please leave already! I have to go to work in the morning,” I whined.

She continued moving around my suitcases of clothes, “I know, I know, I just want to make sure you have everything you need.”

“I do. The moving guy is coming tomorrow to drop off all those boxes. We pretty much are set, with the living room furniture,” I said, motioning to the expensive tan couches behind me.

My Mom moved all of my clothes to one corner of the bedroom, and put her hands on her hips. “Ok now, I can leave. At least now you have a lamp, and bed sheets for the mattress,” she continued, starting yet another rant.

She hates it that I’m on my own now. It’s pretty obvious

“Thanks Mom, now please leave! You will be over tomorrow!” I said more aggressively, pulling her arm.

She held onto the edge of the door jokingly. “I don’t want to leave my baby!” She protested, and pulled me into a hug.

I hugged her tightly, “I know Mommy, and I love you.”

“I love you more. Make sure to suck up to the boss, and give your mother some of the money left over,” she added, and pulled back. Her blue eyes searched my own. “Is David Star nice by the way? He’s so handsome I hope he’s not one of those mean, drop dead gorgeous guys.”

“He has a baby face! He is not gorgeous!” I defended, biting my lip.

She made a face, “I don’t know who the heck you met, but David Star is one hundred percent —“

“—Mom!” I interrupted.

“—man,” she finished. “Do you you think I could meet him one day? Maybe get his autograph? Would I like him?”
            There are so many things wrong with this subject!

 “Yes you would just love him,” I lied through my teeth. "It's only my first day of work I don't know if I'm going to like it."

“Is he single?” she asked quickly after, “don’t tell your Father I said that.”

“I don’t know… probably no since he is so rich and all. I don’t really get why they are such a big deal the more I think about it. Devin is pretty handsome, but David is kind of…average.”

“Average?”

I made a face of confusion, “Yes Mom, average. As if nothing sticks out in particular besides his attitude,” I explained, starting to push her towards the door. She reluctantly made it across the room to the door and turned around.

“ I think they are both wonderful young men who worked hard to be the position they are in--"

"Ok Mom!" I interrupted, trying to close the door.

"Good night and good luck on your first day of work,” she sang  happily, and poked her head back into the apartment kissed my cheek.

“Night,” I said dryly, not looking forward to my job at all. The more I think about it, the more I don’t want to work for these people. Especially the rich, arrogant, baby-faced man that I have to call 'Boss' in the morning.

Like I'm doing that.

I closed the door after her, and jumped ran into the living room. Marcy is already asleep on the other couch. We vowed not to use the mattresses that came with the apartment; because we believe it is bad luck for my job and will curse Marcy's complexion.  Don’t ask.