Chapter 20: Death By Pizza Guy

I'll give you a penny if you VOTE AND COMMENT. BUT ONLY ONE PENNY... ok maybe two because I like you. :)

***********************************************************************************************

My tired feet found their way down the dim lit hallway, to my familiar apartment door.

Wondering why my feet are tired? Well, I used the stairs to get up here…on the seventeenth floor with my twisted ankle. Plus I had to run around doing errands for David. Such as getting him food every hour, helping him with paper work, telling random people on the third and seventh floor David’s always watching. That last chore I had to do was mad creepy. He literary made me tell his workers he’s watching them, and to stop slacking.

It was a hectic day really.

I put my boring key into the door, and unlocked it. As I stepped in, I was surprised at the lack of boxes.  A loud bang in the kitchen made my head snap over to see my Dad, who is playing with the Coffee Machine.

I closed the door behind me, and jiggled my keys loudly, “Don’t touch my baby!” I joked. But in my own little way I was completely serious. Without coffee I would be on the face down on the floor a sleep by twelve in the afternoon.

My Dad looked up and smiled, “Hey Pumpkin, just fixing this piece of junk. I tried to make coffee for myself and it didn’t seem to work.”

“I didn’t even know it broke! Thanks I’m glad you could come over and help,” I limped over to him in my high heels, to give him a big smooch on the cheek. “Where’s Mom?”

He unattached a part of the coffee maker, and broke it off. “Aha!” he took out a small object, and placed it on the counter. The light from the three o clock sun bounced off of it, creating a glare. “I didn’t know you liked silver skulls.”

I picked up the large ring and brought it to my face. The surprisingly heavy weight of it confirms it isn’t plastic, and it’s actual glass. It has a pretty nice sized detailed skull on the front. I moved it around in the light, and it seemed to change from black and then clear. This is one freaky mood ring. It mesmerized me so much I found myself slipping it onto my left thumb, and holding my hand out in front of me. It's a bit loose even on the biggest finger on my hand. “It must be Marcy’s, I’ve seen her wear a few skull things. I guess it fell into the Coffee machine...”

My dad shook his head, and laughed “Marcy,” he mumbled, completely understanding she would do something like that. One time she put her shoe in the microwave, to see if it was flammable. Who does that? “Oh and your mother is tidying up your room. We set up both yours and Marcy’s beds, and dressers.”

“Thanks! That took a load off of my shoulders. I had a tough day of work today.”

He smiled, and pulled me into a hug, “I’m so proud of my little girl. ”

I forced back tears, “I know Daddy.”

I moved the new piece of jewelry on my finger. She must have dropped it in the Coffee Machine. That’s the only explanation right? Even though I’m the one that has a million black t-shirts, jeans with holes in them, and converse; Marcy has to have the skull stuff. I know I would never buy a skull outfit. But the more I think about it, I don’t think she would buy a glass ring; she drops everything that can break and stays away from most objects that topple over.

How the hell did it--

The image of the hooded man popped into my brain. As I stared at the ring on my finger,I realized the size of it is made for a man. My eyes slid along the curves of the hand made skull, and I felt a hidden message behind it.