Chapter 44: Faithy-Poo Is Stuck Like Glue

500 votes! Mwahahaha.

~Murder, muder, the voices in my head. ~Time in the blink of an eye. You held my hand you held me tight. ~Shocked. Broken, I'm dying inside. ~ I miss you, you hurt me, you left with a smile. ~The mystery you kept, the soul behind you kept. ~I can't survive unless I know you're with me.

*****************************************************************************************************

There was no way we were ordering pizza I refused, because chances were, it wasn’t actually going to be a pizza guy.

If you catch my drift.

When we got home from the store I tried to distract myself by my strong, unnerving thoughts by going on the computer. I found a recipe online that involved home-made pizza and threw in some of the techniques my Mother had with cooking to create two four-cheese, mushroom pepperoni and pepper pizza with large chunks of fresh tomato. I set the pizza in the oven and set the buzzer dial on the side, before washing my hands in the sink.

In just one quick recipe, I swear I went from a boxed mac and cheese girl to a five star iron chef.

Ok maybe a two star Iron chef, but still.

“Hey, what time is it?” I asked Marcy as I tore open the bag of Cheetos and corn chips. Marcy had finally stopped vacuuming and seemed to be setting up the DDR system.

She lifted her light-brown haired head away from the play system and took her phone out of her pocket. “Seven fifteen on the dot. They’ll be here any minute and then we can have some ferocious DDR matches.”

I huffed out a breath “Just kill me already.”

“What?”
“Nothing.”

I was pouring the chips into a bowl when I realized something. My eyes darted to the cross situated next to the front door. I casually walked over to it and stood in front of it. I glanced at Marcy before my fingers brushed over the wooden surface. “No more cloak. No more problems,” I told myself softly.

Don’t do it. Don’t do it. He’ll never leave, my mind told me. He’ll try and kill you again! Or make you choke on the pizza! Maybe he’ll even make you pass out from extreme dancing—

I tore the cross off the wall before I talked myself out of it and right on cue, a knock echoed the house.

“Marcy? Did you buzz anyone up?”

She shook her head. “It’s not working for some reason. No sound comes out of the machine when someone asks to come up.”

I frowned. “Of course,” I replied dryly and got on my tippy toes to see who was on the other side of the door. Two petite, short haired twins stood with their hands clasped behind their back and smiles on their faces as they conversed with each other. In the middle of the twins stood a tall dark-skinned boy with a Mohawk and another boy with spiky dark brown hair.

I pulled the door open and their faces lit up. “Hey!” They said at the same time.

The one covered the others mouth and gave me a bright smile. “I’m Lisa, this is my sister Tina! And this is Cory and Danny!”

I opened the door further. “I’m uh-- Faith, nice to meet you,” I said shyly and motioned them inside. The two guys walked in and both gave me a small smile before slapping Marcy a hand five. “Do you like chips and DDR?”

 I was never good at the meet and greets.

“Hell yeah!” Tina said, and did a little dance. “I’m so pumped!”