Chapter 3

Chapter 3

5 days earlier...

          "You should go to that coffee shop that we went to last week and get me a some donuts." Niall told Liam as he threw himself down on the couch.

          "I want something to." Louis said as he walked into through the door that led to the kitchen. 

          "If your getting them something we want something to." Harry said from where he sat next to Zayn. Zayn nodded, not even looking up from his phone.

          "Why me?" Liam asked as he leaned against the wall.

          "You don't have anything else to do." Niall smirked as he grabbed a blanket from the back of the couch and draped it over himself. Louis nodded in agreement.

          "Your not doing anything either." Liam was addressing both Niall and Louis. 

          "I'm taking a nap." Niall closed his eyes and rolled over on the couch.

          "I'm watching tv." Louis grabbed the remote from the coffee table and turned on the tv, pretending to be really interested in the show that was on.

          "You are all lazy." Harry and Zayn smirk as they watch Liam grab his hat and scarf. 

          "I've text-ed you what I want." Harry said as Liam got ready to leave.

          "Same here." Zayn was back to being focused on his phone.

          "I'll just have some of Niall's donuts." Louis said as he began flipping through the channels.

          "No. You wont." Niall yell was muffled as he lay curled up against a pillow. 

Liam laughed at his four best friends as he walked out the door and into the cold winter weather.  The air roughly whipped around him, messing up his straightened hair. 

 As the coffee shop came into view, Liam began to jog, wanting to get inside before it began snowing any harder.

 A few people looked up from what they were doing as he came in but for the most part he was ignored. Liam liked moments like this one where no one knew who he was. 

Liam, looked around as he slowly walked up to the counter, he couldn't help but wonder why the boys liked this place so much. It was a dirty little place with wet floors and sticky tables. 

Liams boots squeaked as stepped to the side, letting the older woman that had gotten up to get a refill, pass him.  When Liam reached the counter he noticed that he wasn't the only teenager there. A girl with red-ish brown hair that was covered with a snow white hat, was looking through the glass and down at the donuts. Liam couldn't stop himself as he walked over and stood behind her.

          "My friend loves those ones." Liam said as he reached over her shoulder and pointed at a custard donut that Niall loved. He held back a laugh as she whipped around to face him, a hand over her chest. 

Now that Liam could see her face,  he liked what he saw.  The white hat made her hair look darker then it really was and her big green eyes were wide as she looked up at him. 

          "You scared me." was all she said before she turned back to the counter, now looking at thedonut that he had pointed out. 

He laughed as he continued to stand behind her. "I'm not a big fan of custard." She said after a moment of silence.

Liam grinned when he realized that she didn't know who he was. "What about that one?" Pointing to the frosted one that he knew Louis loved.

          "It looks good." 

          "I'll buy it for you." He offers, giving her a small smile.

Her cheeks slowly turn pink as she looks at him. "You don't have to, I have money." 

          "I want to." Liam waves waitress over, requesting that the frosted donut for the girl and the custard one for himself. He walked over to a table in the corner, looking back once to make sure that she was following him, smirking at the way she was blushing.

He sat down, placing her dounut on the table in front of her as she sat down.

          "What's your name?" He asked as he pulled his donut out of the small bag.

          "Bree. You?" She was looking down at the table as she whispered it so quietly that if he hadn'tbeen sitting right across from her, he wouldn't have heard.

          "Liam" He gives her another smile, wishing that she wasn't so tense. "Do you live around here?" He asks once she has taken a bite of the donut. 

She nods, sallowing before answering. "About a block away." She smiles back as he continues to smile.

They begin talking more and soon Liam has Bree uncontrollably laughing, by talking about anything but who he really was. 

          "Holy crap. Its 4 already. I need to get going." Bree said as she looked at the digital clock that hung on the paneled wall behind his head. Liam's eyes widened when he heard the time, it was 2 when he left the house.

          "Can I have your number?" Liam asked as he scratched at the back of his head, watching her pack up her bag. 

          "Sure." Her cheeks turned pink as he dug his phone out of his pocket and handed it to her, ignoring the fact that he had 7 missed calls.

After handing him her phone, she quickly went to his contacts and added her own. 

          "Remember, The custard donuts and the frosted donuts are good but the jelly ones are gross." Liam said before putting on his coat and scarf and watching her leave. Once she was gone, Liam ran up to the counter and quickly ordered all of the things the boys wanted. 

*********************

          "Where have you been?!?" Harry shouted as Liam came through the door, His arms full with a box of donuts and a drink carrier full of different coffees.

          "Getting the stuff you asked for." Liam placed the items on the coffee table before walking over to the closet and kicking his boots off.

          "You left two and a half hours ago!" Niall glared at Liam as they all stood in the large living room.

          "I got....distracted." Liam's cheeks turned pink.

          "The body guards are out looking for you! We thought you were kidnapped or something! I was about to call the police." Liam rolled his eyes as Niall yelled at him.

          "I'm fine nobody touched me." 

          "He's back." Louis said into his phone, probably talking to the bodyguards.

All four of the boys grabbed the stuff that they had asked for before leaving the room, letting Liam  know that they were very angry.