Chapter 26

Dear Bree, 

A year has passed and I still miss you. Things without have been hard and Niall said that if I wrote you this letter, I would feel better but so far its not working.

If the boys found out about this, They'd be mad but after you died, I spent a period of time where I wanted to kill myself so I could be with you in heaven. I know your in heaven because you were perfect.

The way you wouldn't accept things that were offered to you, the way you were so nice. The fact that you accpected my apology so quickly, These are the things that made you perfect.

I miss the way your eyes would light up every time I told you I loved you.

I miss the way you would text me every morning just to make sure that I knew you were thinking of me. 

No matter what  I do in life and no matter who I meet, You'll always be my favorite girl.

I saw Charlie the other day! She's doing well but she still misses you. She told me that she no longer talks to Taylor and Zoe which is a damn shame because the four of you were as close as could be.

I still have the letter you wrote to me. It's not in good condition but I still have it. It's covered in tear stains but I dont cry as much anymore, I'm getting stronger because I know that's what you'd want. 

I thought about writing this letter sooner, but I couldnt do it without getting mad.

Not mad at you but mad at myself for not doing alot of the things I wanted to with you.

I'm pretty sure that if you were still alive, we'd be married or engaged. We'd be happy. 

I'm sitting at our table, the one we sat at on the afternoon we first talked. The place hasn't changed one bit and I come here alot, especially when I miss you. 

Did you know that I still have your white hat. You forgot it on the night I was going to give it back and I kept forgetting to bring it to you. 

I like to tell myself that if you were here, you'd be proud of the band. We've made it big and we have a tour this summer in America, its great!

I love you so damn much!

-Liam James Payne

I sigh, folding it up and sticking it in a cream colored envelope.

               "You ready to go?" Niall asks as he walks up to the table, the boys right behind him, all of them were smiling. I had told them that while I worked on my letter, I didn't want them any where near me.

It was rude but they seemed to understand. Thats why we were still friends. They didnt bother me about my problems and I didnt bug them about the fact that the way they did things.

               "Yeah." I shove the letter in my jacket pocket, nodding towards the door, wanting them to walk in front of me.

They start walking, one we got outside, hands were shoved in pockets as the winter air blew.

               "I was thinking we could go to a party store." Harry suggests, shrugging his shoulders.

               "Why?" I walk faster, matching my stride to theirs.

               "We could buy balloons and write messages on them." Louis says, nodding enthusiastically.

               "And then we could go visit Bree and release the balloons for her." Zayn finishes, shooting a smile my way.

So thats what we ended up doing, going to a store and buying balloons that were bright colors. We bought sharpies and sat outside the store for awhile, thinking of what to write.

Harry, Louis and Zayn wrote short messages about how they missed her. My message was the longest, and Niall, Niall's message was almost as long as mine but he refused to let me read it.

We were quiet as we walked through the cemetery, each of us holding tightly onto the ribbon tied to our balloons.

No one spoke as we stood in front of her tall shinging headstone, I held up my fingers, counting down from three to one. 

Once I put my last finger down, we all let go, letting the balloons go up and into the air.

We watched the balloons until we couldn't see them anymore. 

That's when we went home, I shuffled into my room, closing the door behind me. I take a seat on my bed, leaning down to open the bottom drawer of my night stand. I shove the letter I wrote in with Bree's letter to me and her hat. The letter was removed from the drawer on a regular basis but they hat stayed there, looking as fluffy as it did when I first saw her wearing. 

I smile, throwing myself down on my bed as I rember the short amount of time I spent with her.  

____________________

The End!

Please comment and vote. 

If you like how I write, you should check out my other 1D fan fiction, Same Mistakes (About Harry) and His Vegas Girl (About Niall). These two are happier than this one. 

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! :D