Chapter Twentynine

Aside from a page directed solely to my fans, this is going to be the last chapter of this book. And as I said before, its not going to be a long one. There will be a couple of switches between Azel, and Alistair throughout this, but it should all come together at the end. If you don't like it, don't read it. That simple. But this is the end of this story. I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and as always, vote, comment, love me! :)

*Alistair's POV*

They say time heals all wounds. That everything gets better as the days roll on.

Bullshit.

It had been two months sense she passed, yet we still couldn't mention her name.

We could still smile, laugh, and have a good time, but she always showed up in the back of our minds.

Mine and Azel's body contact hardly existed anymore, but Lloyd and Logan couldn't keep their hands off of each other.

I wanted what they had, what me and my love used to have. I don't know why he avoided me, but every time I came near, he moved.

Couldn't he tell what he was doing to me? He had to know this was killing me.

He's been blaming himself sense the entire thing happened, trying to hide his pain from others, but its been more than obvious to me.

I know how he thinks, and I know how he feels, but for some reason, I couldn't get inside his head this time.

I longed for his embrace, for his kiss, hell for his eyes to even meet mine, but just like everyday for the past few months, he's done nothing but stare at the ground.

Even now in the lunch room, he avoided my arms when I tried to pull him to my lap.

I could feel myself getting angry. Why the hell was he doing this to me?

Slamming my fist down on the table, I voiced my thoughts and waited for his reply.

When it didn't come, I pushed myself from the table I headed out the doors.

Everyone's eyes followed me as I left the room. I guess I yelled when I voice my questions.

Walking out to my car, I slammed the drivers side door, then started the car, but stopped when Lloyd tapped on my window.

I unlocked his side then waited as he put on his seat belt, before driving off to the park.

“Are you okay?” he asked, finally breaking the silence.

“What do you think?”

I could taste the bitterness in my voice, but couldn't stop the venom from slipping out.

“Why is he acting like this?”

“I don't know Alistair, he hasn't said anything to me.”

His voice was heavy with sympathy.

He slid his arm across my shoulder, and pulled me into an embrace. I didn't bother fighting it, instead, I welcomed his touch.

This was the first time anyone had held me in a long time, and I could feel myself breaking down.

Tears rolled down my face the harder I tried to fight them, causing Lloyd to tighten his grip on me, and ran his fingers through my hair.

“Maybe he's just stressed out because of prom, its tomorrow. You know he has to sing again.”

“No Lloyd, I didn't know that. He hasn't said much of anything to me.”

I could feel my body shaking, despite my efforts to stop it.