Chapter Six

Vote, comment, love me. :)

*Azel's POV*

I couldn't get what just happened out of my head. I know he was just helping, but Lloyd had a point. If they do catch us, it'll be hell. I tried to force the thought from my head to no avail. Alistair didn't even look at me when he walked into class. He would normally greet me with a smile, but, nothing this time. He didn't think i was mad at him, did he? I couldn't focus on my worksheet, nor could i focus on what the teacher said. When the bell finally rang, i quickly gathered up my things and headed for the door.

"Hey Azel, i have a question." I stopped mid-step then turned around to face him.

"What's up?"

"I was just wondering if you wanted a ride home. I know you normally walk, but i hate driving alone."

what did he mean alone? Wasn't Lloyd coming with us? I'm guessing my face gave away my thoughts cause he followed it with "Lloyd has to stay after, he's gotta work on a project or something."

"Oh. Sure, I'll ride with ya. I'll meet you at the car, I'm going to my locker real fast." I finished my sentence then hurried out the door. This could work, we'll have the place to ourselves for a while, so i can finally confront him about the mixed signals. I didn't know why they hurt so bad, i just met Alistair a few weeks ago. But, for some reason, they did. After throwing my books in and closing my locker, i headed out to his car and climbed in the passenger seat. The drive to my place was silent. I kept looking over at him, thinking he was gonna say something, but he never did. His eyes never left the road until we pulled up the drive way to my house. After finally parking the car, he turned to me and asked "you're not upset about earlier, are you?"

I wasn't sure which earlier he ment. The hallway at school, the embrace the night before, or the fight in the lunch room.

"Not really. I mean, i know you were just trying to help, but Lloyd has a point." His body cringed at my words. He turned his gaze back out the window, and the car fell silent once more. The tension in the air could have been cut by a knife. Nows as good a time as any, to ask about everything.

"I have a ques-"

"I'll keep him away from you guys." He stated, cutting me off. "I promise."

Before i could say anything else he had walked out of the car and into the front door. After sitting there for a few minutes, his words finally set in. Why did he car so much about it? I'm just his cousin's friend. After getting out of the car, i followed him inside and headed for the kitchen. Not eating anything at lunch had caught up with me, so i decided to grab a pop-tart and watch some tv.

"Hey Azel, would you mind helping me with this? I don't get it." I followed his voice to the dinning room table and saw him working on his homework. He had on a pair of reading glasses and a pen sitting between his lips. He looked incredible! After glancing at the problem, i showed him how to solve it then took the seat next to him in case he needed more help. When it looked like he was finally starting to understand everything, i got up to throw my pop-tart wrapper away then heard him ask for help once again. Heading back in, i leaned over the chair and glanced at the worksheet. I took the pen from him then explained the answer. Turning back to smile at him, i felt all the air in my lungs harden when i saw how close his face was. Our lips were only inches apart. my body seemed to act on its own, trying to clear the gap.

"Thank you..." he breathed moving closer to me. I felt his hand brush across my face as the distance between us grew smaller. I'm about to kiss him!

"What the hell!" Lloyd demanded, flying through the front door. The outburst made me jump causing me to slam my head against Alistair's, then falling to the floor.

"Why the hell did you leave me at school?!? I waited there for an hour!"

"I thought you had a project to work on!" Alistair snapped hitting his fist on the table. I almost kissed him! Why didn't he move away? Maybe i look like a girl...yeah, that's got to be it. or he's just curious. It was probably nothing.

"Not until tomorrow!"

"What the hell is your problem Lloyd? You've been being a dick to me sense lunch."

"You shouldn't have gotten involved!"

"I was trying to help!"

"GUYS!" I yelled standing up. "Chill out it already happened, so get over it. Just quit yelling!" Lloyd looked like he was gonna say something but glanced at Alistair, and quickly changed his mind. They seemed more like brothers than cousins. At least, the way they argued did. I decided its best to just leave them alone, and just start on dinner. And that's exactly what i did.