Chapter Nine

Vote, comment, love me! :)

*Alistair's POV*

"Hey man, sorry I'm late. There was a car crash blocking the road."

"You don't have to look so happy about it." He mumbled, getting in the car. Poor guy was soaked.

"You alright cuz?"

"I'm tired, cold, hungry, and wet. Can we please just go? I had a bad day and i just wanna change into some dry clothes."

He kept his eyes away from me the entire time he was speaking.

"Alright man." I stated, turning on the heater. I saw his body relax as the warm air started to hit him.

"Before we go, i have a question."

"What?" He snapped, turning to look at me. He kept his hand over his eye the entire time. He looked like he'd been crying.

"Move your hand Lloyd."

"Can we just go?"

"What happened?"

"Nothing, don't worry about it."

"Move your fucking hand Lloyd!"

He slowly moved the one thing blocking my full view of him, and i saw more tears swell up in his eyes.

"Gary had to work on his project too, i tried to get away from him, but his friends cornered me..."

The rain started pooring harder.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I demanded, punching the horn of my car. I saw someone jump from across the parking lot. He was still here! I started to take off my seatbelt, but Lloyd stopped me.

"Please just don't. Deal with it tomorrow, i don't care. But all i want right now is to go home and talk to my best friend."

"Fine." I stated, putting the car in drive, and taking off down the street. There was another car in the drive way of Azel's house, and the front door was left wide open.

"Stay in the car!" I yelled to Lloyd, rushing into the house. I heard crashes coming from the kitchen.

"WHERE IS SHE?!?"

The voice was followed by another crash.

I didn't recognise the guy standing in the middle of the room. When Azel finally came into view, i stared in horror at him. His face was badly bruised, and there was a small cut just under his left eye.

"ANSWER ME!" He yelled. His fist connected to Azel's face sending him falling to the floor. I felt the impact before i knew what was happening. I watched as the guy flew across the kitchen and slammed into the stove. He was obviously drunk. He stumbled towards me, and threw a punch which i quickly dodged and connected with one of my own.

"Dad stop!"Azel yelled, trying to separate us. I moved him behind him behind me so he wouldn't get hit, then felt a blow to my face. I stumbled back, slamming into Azel, causing us both to fall. Jumping up, i kicked him away then took his legs out from under him. He didn't move for a minute then finally got up and ran out the door. I followed him out to make sure he left, then called Lloyd inside. Rushing back to Azel, i pulled him in my arms and held him as tightly as i could. I could feel his tears soaking through my shirt.

"I'm sorry." He stated, taking a step back. "You got hit cause i was in the way."

I reached up to where the blow had connected and winced in pain. A small trail of blood made its way down my face from where his ring had cut me.

"You've got nothing to apologise for. Who was he? What was he doing here?"

"Oh my god! Are you guys okay? What happened" Lloyd exclaimed, rushing over to us.

"That was my dad. He was looking for my Mom."

I took his hand and lead him to the couch in the living room, where i pulled him to my lap and asked him what was going on.

"My dad always had a drinking problem its the main reason him and my Mom split. Whenever he would get drunk, he got violent and would take his anger out on me. He'd use any excuse he could to justify it. But my sexuality was his favorite. My Mom got tired of it, so we just left. He snapped when he found out my Mom was dating someone new, and came over to demand who it was. When i told him i didn't know, he hit me."

I felt my fist clenching up with every word he spoke.

"That's why my Mom went out of state, she knew he found out."

"So she left you here to take the beating?!?" Lloyd yelled punching the seat next to him.

"What the fuck Kinda mother does that?"

His eyes started to water back up so i pulled him to my chest, holding him tightly. I felt so bad for him. How long had this been going on? I ignored Lloyd's staring and kissed the top of Azel's head.

"Go get some dinner." he stated, looking up at me.

"No, I'm not hungry."

"You need to ea-"

"I'm not leaving you Azel." I stated bluntly, tightening my hold on him.

"Lloyd, go get some food. We'll join you shortly."

"Alright." He walked over towards us and gave Azel a hug before heading off towards the kitchen.

"Thank you. If you hadn't have showed up when you did, i don't kno-"

"Don't worry about it baby. C'mon, let's get you some food."

I picked him up as i finished my sentence, and carried him into the kitchen. We ate in silence. As soon as we finished, i took the plates and washed them, then followed Azel upstairs to his room.

"Will you stay in here till i fall asleep?" He asked yawning. I layed down next to him on the bed and told him i'd stay as long as he wanted. He pulled my arm around him, and i could feel his body start to relax. I heard his breathing soften and figured he finally fell asleep. After kissing his head and closing my eyes, i let the sweet embrace of sleep over take me as well.

So, i really wanna know what you guys thought of this chapter. Please vote or comment? I'll love you forever! :) :) :)