Chapter Sixteen

Vote, comment, love me. :)

*Azel's POV*

When Logan and Lloyd got home, we all decided to hit up a park for a picnic. After packing everything we needed into Alistair's car and driving off, we arrived moments later.

"Can you at least wait till we sit down?" I demanded, slapping Lloyd's hand away from the food.

"I'm hungry."

"Go eat Logan."

He smiled wickedly before running off. After grabbing the blanket and laying down, I felt Alistair pull me into his arms as he sat down. I looked out around the park and couldn't help but get jealous. There were so many familys here. Parents playing with their kids, going down slides, and holding hands with each other. I wanted that so bad. Before my dad started drinking, things weren't so bad. We used to spend time together as a family, going out to the movies, play games, and come to the very park i was at now. I hated this damn place. When my dad first hit me, this is where my Mom took me. She tried to use this place as a band-aid to cover up internal wounds. That's when it started. That's when our happy family, became nothing more then a broken shell.

"You okay babe? You're being really quiet."

His voice was heavy with concern. I felt his arms tighten around me, pulling me closer to his chest.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

I took my eyes from the people in front of me and buried my head in his shoulders. I just wanted to go home. His hands made their way to my head as he started running his fingers through my hair. He knew this relaxed me, and would do it every night to help me sleep.

"Where'd the boys go?" I asked, picking my head up to look around.

"No idea. Knowing Lloyd, they're probably making out in a tree."

His eyes never left me as we started eating. I wanted to tell him why i was upset, but he wouldn't understand.

"Babe, what's wrong? I'm worried about you."

"Nothing, I'm okay." I stated, trying to smile. "You've hardly looked at me sense it happened."

Was that what he thought this was about? An actual smile crossed my face but quickly disappeared at his next question.

"Do you regret it?"

"Of course not!"

"Then why won't you look at me?"

For some reason, all the strength in me left, and i couldn't even lift my head up.

"Alistair, i promise i don't regret it. I'm okay,i just hate this park is all."

He didn't say anything for a while, just stared out at the familys i grew to resent without even knowing them. The boys still hadn't come back by the time we were ready to leave. I looked around the parking lot, trying to spot Logan's car but i couldn't see it anywhere.

"Maybe they left early." I mumbled, getting in the passenger side seat. Alistair took my hand as he drove down the street then pulled into the drive way of my house. He grabbed his phone, sent a text, then turned to look at me.

"I have a question." He stated, moving in his chair. He seemed really nervous, like he was debating whether to ask, or not.

"What's on your mind babe?" I asked, taking both of his hands in mine. He bit his lower lip and turned his gaze to the center consol of the car.

"Did i do...good?"

What the hell was he talking about? Do good at what? I voiced my questions, then waited for his response. His face started going red as he thought about his next reply.

"You know, earlier...was it good? I mean, did you enjoy it?"

I felt my eyes widen as i realised what he was talking about.

"I did babe. It hurt at first, but then felt amazing."

His face had hit a new shade of red when i pulled him up to look at me.

"You're not just saying that are you?"

I tried to stop the laugh before it left me, but failed.

"No Alistair, I'm not. But if you don't feel like you did a good job, let's go try to change your mind."

His face lit up at my words, then he grabbed my hand and lead me to the front door. He held it open for me and as i walked inside, i had to stop to catch my breath. The table was flipped onto its side. There was trash all over the place, and pictures littered the floor. The trail of photographs ended at the hall as my dad sat on the floor surrounded by them.

"I don't know what went wrong." He stated, taking a drink from his beer. There were empty cans all over the floor around him and after finishing the one in his hand, he quickly added it to the pile.

"I tried to be a good father, a good husband, and a good person. But she still left me..." his words trailed off as he grabbed another drink from the 24 pack next to him.

"Stay behind me." Alistair whipsered, stepping in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked moving Alistair out of my way.

"What did i do wrong? How could everything turn out like this?"

He tried to stand as he finished his sentence, but the alcohol had clearly set in and he fell back down. He used the wall this time and managed to get to his feet, then turned to face me. He held something in his hand and i could feel my eyes widen as he raised it towards me.

"What did i do to deserve a kid like you?"

I felt my body fly across the room then froze as i heard two shots, the second one going off moments after the first. The blood raced towards me on the wood floor as i watched Alistair collapse. His body was covered in the red substance as his head collided with the floor.

Vote, comment, love me. :)