Chapter 27 - Uh oh....

Evelyn's POV

''The one and only'', I said in a singsong voice. Mr. Jonathan Dawer and I go way back, way...way back.

''How are you Princesa? I haven't heard from you since forever'', he replied happily but there was a hidden emotion in his voice which I didn't quite catch.

''Pst just because we live forever, doesn't mean you can use it as an excuse for exaggeration. And don't call me 'Princesa'....I lost that title a long time ago'', I said with a sigh.

He laughed and said, ''You are wrong but I'll keep quiet. So what made you pick up a phone and ring me?''

''What? Calling an old friend of mine is a crime now?'' I asked faking shock.

His laugh made me smile. ''Yes. When it's the first call you get since 1910'', he resorted.

It was my time to laugh. ''Yeah sorry about that. I've been busy'', I said.

''Of course you were''.

Jonathan is probably the only vampire I like...from my past that is. I met him when I was still human; he was a good friend of my family's. He used to be a knight of England, a very high-ranking one too actually. I know what you're thinking.... Huh? Then how is he a vampire? Well to answer that question, I turned him....he was the first I had given immortality to. I did it because he was dying from a fatal injury, I used to be nice, you know.

''Ok John, I need some....advise'', I said. If I remember correctly, he is a great Agony Aunt.

''Hmm....what the matter Princesa?'' he asked smoothly.

I clicked my tongue and debated with myself if I should tell him or not. I can trust him...I've known him for most of my existence, so here goes. ''Ok here's the deal....I'vecreatedanimmortalchildandhisnameisAaronandnowtheVolturiisafterhimbutheranawayandIdon'tknowwhereheis''.

''Ok calm down, I didn't catch any of that'' he said.

I sighed and said, ''I've created an immortal child and his name is Aaron. And now the Volturi is after him but he ran away and I don't know where he is''.

''Since in which life time do you care about your....creations?'' Jonathan asked amused.

I growled slightly as I said ''he is my descendant''.

''Now that...changes everything''.

''Grr Jonathan what do I do?'' I asked frustrated.

He took a deep breath, released it and said ''ok tell me what happened...from the beginning''.

''Well...I turned him because he was dying in the hands of his own stupid human parents. Then me and him moved to a different state and met a coven of vamps and packs of wolves-''

‘‘Werewolves?''

I sighed and replied ''no. Shape-shifters''.

''Ok, carry on''.

I told him mostly everything, just leaving small details out though. ''There is a fight going on back in Forks, I'm on my way to Italy and Aaron's missing'', I concluded at the end.

''Interesting...'' he mumbled in deep thought.

''I keep thinking about my baby. What shall I do? It's driving me insane'', I groaned.

''I think that you should.....follow you instinct. That's what you have been doing ever since I've know you'', he said.

''I don't get what you mean'', I answered bluntly.