Chapter 30 - Moving on? (extra chapter)

Aaron's POV

I clenched my hands against my ears as hard as I could but it was useless, I couldn't stop the pain. At first, I screamed a lot but by now, I knew it would be worthless to do so. Jane lurked in front of me, her beady eyes held amusement and a crooked smirk on her lips. It's been hours now since I had been in Volterra but it seemed like forever.

I had learnt that Aro (the leader of leaders) and Marcus (a co-leader) were out of town, which left Caius. Well what can I say about him? He was simply ruthless. He gave Jane the order to torture me as much as possible....or something along that line. Since he was a co-leader of The Volturi, his orders couldn't be disobeyed...not that anyone objected with his choice of doing.

So here I am, in a room/dungeon being tortured out of my mind. Jane had been using her ability on me for 6 straight hours, only stopping twice....and that's because her (twin) brother, Alex...Al-.....Alec that's it....interrupted. ''You are going to be so dead'', I sneered.

Her only response was a laugh. Great now she's mocking me.

''Laugh all you want but it's gonna happen'', I spat. She is getting on my last nerves. Please Lyn, please come fast, I secretly begged.

''You speak with such finality. What makes you think that you are going to live?'' she asked.

I struggled to get to my feet but I was successful. I rolled my eyes at her and said, ''it's the truth and we both know it''.

Jane laughed and stalked her way towards me. Then she grabbed my throat and turned it to the right with a steel grip. ''You are in no position to make any predictions'', she smiled sickly sweet.

I growled and ripped off the contact. I hated it.

She giggled and touched my left arm. ''You're brave. I'll give you that much. No one was able to withstand my powers for long, only you'', she said staring deep into my eyes.

I held her gaze and replied in a solidified tone, ''that's because I am an Ambrosio''.

Her features changed quickly. Hate to rage to them both. ''The Ambrosio name is lower than dirt itself. No point in bragging, kid'', she hissed.

I arched an eyebrow and tilted my head to a side. ''Really? 'Cause I'm pretty sure, it's higher than whatever yours is'', I huffed.

She growled and before I know it, the familiar inferno ignited in my body. I bit my tongue and closed my eyes tight. You can do this, you can do this. Come on Aaron. ''You don't speak to me like that'', she murmured close to my ears. Her breath sent shivers down my spine.

I growled and answered by saying, ''hell, I can talk however I want''.

''Such bravery from a soon-to-be-dead child''.

''Ditto'', I resorted.

She didn't like that. She threw a punch at my stomach and I cowered at her blow. Then she grabbed a lock of my hair and brought it up sharply. ''I'd watch that mouth if I was you'', she whispered.

I snorted and narrowed my eyes at her. Who does she think she is? She's my age for crying out loud...well looks my age... Anyway the point is, I can speak however, the damn I want. ''Go away'', I muttered under my breath.

''I heard that'', she said.

''You were suppose to'', I snapped.

She paced a couple of steps. ''You know, I like this. Aro and Marcus will only be back in 2 or 3 days. Which means Caius will let me spend time with you'', she smirked but there was some strange emotion in her eyes that I didn't quite catch.