Chapter 2 - My House

Evelyn's POV      

I looked around me. My vision was now sharper because of the blood I had just drunk. With a sigh, I picked up the drained body and dumped it into the nearby lake. I watched him as he sank into the murky waters, while I sat on a smooth boulder at the bank. About five minutes later, I got up and went home. So I killed someone, who cares? He was in the wrong place at the wrong time; it was his own fault really. Clearly, luck was something he hadn't had.  

The lights were still on inside the house. I made sure that the sound of my feet on the gravel was heard so that the people in the house would know that I was home. Just as I was about to open the front door, it was opened by somebody else for me. I smiled and leaned against the frame, it was George. His hair was dark, short and curly and his eyes were a stunning shade of red. He was tall, lean and muscular too. Anyway, George grinned back and moved to the side to let me in.  

"So how was hunting, Evelyn?" he asked casually as we made our way into the living room.   I shrugged and jumped onto the black leather couch.  

"Fine, nothing special" I answered half-heartedly. He laughed and sat next to me, but something felt wrong... It felt fake. We watched TV for a while, and that's when I noticed that it was quiet, too quiet.   "Where are the others?" I asked, my tone light. George sighed, ran his fingers through his hair, and avoided my gaze, a classic sign of nervousness. I took a deep breath, in attempt to catch any scent but I didn't. Something was up. I raised an eyebrow at him, annoyed. "Where are they?" I repeated slowly, this time quieter.  

He threw his hands up in the air. "I don't know, I found the house empty," he was definitely lying, however I didn't voice that, instead I growled before going and searching the whole house. Nothing...I couldn't find anyone and their scents were about one hour old.  

I went back downstairs to find George heading towards the front door. I caught his wrist and pinned him against the white wall. "Why were you trying to leave?" I asked in a low voice. His eyes were searching for a way out. Nevertheless, there was none, I am older than him, therefore I’m stronger; he had no chance of escaping me. "Perhaps you didn't hear me, I asked you a question. Why were you trying to leave?" I snarled.  

He glared at me before speaking, "Oh I heard you’’.  

I growled and punched him in the stomach, he cowered at my blow. I then pulled him up by his hair. "Ok, let's try this again, George. When did they leave and why?" I looked deep into his eyes compelling him to tell me.  

George stopped resisting my touch and spoke in a monotone, "They left soon after you went hunting, because the humans are getting suspicious about the bodies".  

I hissed and flung him over my shoulder, he crashed into the wall on the other side of the room. I sighed and grabbed his neck. "And why didn't they tell me?" I asked, continuing to use compulsion.   "They hate you and they’re scared of you. They wanted to expose you to the humans".  

'’And did they?’'  

"No, not yet anyway. They led the tracks to the house, and the police are on the way".  

"And what's in it for you?"  

"Nothing. I just want you dead; no one should have the power of controlling minds".  

I sighed and shook my head, stopping the compulsion. Letting go of him, I stepped back. "Ok, here's how it's gonna go next. I'm gonna use compulsion to make you say where they are going, so I can hunt them down for disobeying me. Then I will kill you and burn this house down with your body inside," My voice was sweet, childlike. He glared at me and went for my throat, the idiot. "You stupid boy, do you really think that you can take me? I could make you kill yourself if I wanted to," I said with venom.  

He growled and attacked but I sidestepped and tripped him up. I clicked my tongue at him.  

"It's terrible that you think that way of me, George," He was about to say something but I cut him off. "You will get that knife and you will keep stabbing yourself in the chest” I was compelling him. He silently stood and got the knife that was on the table and did as I asked, while I searched for a match.  

"Ok that's enough," I said dropping the compulsion. He gasped and dropped the knife. He didn’t bleed, as he would have if he were human; Vampires don’t have blood running through their veins making it where we don’t bleed. However, his diamond hard skin was cracking, like an egg if you will. "I could say that it was a pleasure knowing you, but I'd be lying. Goodbye George," I said with a smug smile, and then I curled my fist and punched him in the jaw, beheading him. I smirked and waved my hands at him.    

Then I set a match on fire and dropped it on his body, where it burned under the flames. Next, I set the whole house on fire before going outside. I watched as the fire engulfed the house for a while, before straightening out my top and fluffing my hair. I grinned and twirled around before walking away from the scene with my hands in my pocket, a grin still on my face.