Chapter 23 - Game time

Evelyn's POV

''So...Rosalie...I guess it makes sense'', Aaron said once Bella drove off after dropping us home.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, ''yeah I kinda saw it coming'' I replied.

''What are we gonna do?''

''I don't know...’’.

''Can't we just kill her?''

I laughed dryly but shook my head. ''That would mean a heck of a lot of fighting in Forks'', I said.

Aaron rolled his eyes before muttering, ''well we can't let her get away with this''.

I smirked and replied, ''oh I know, who said we were ever gonna?''

Aaron smiled his special dimpled grin and said, ''I like it''.

I grunted and crossed my arms playfully, ''gosh you are not so innocent are you?'' I asked.

''Nope'', he answered popping the p.

Before I knew it...it was Friday, which meant that I'd be leaving for Volterra in less than 24 hours. It's been almost a week now since the training sessions have started, as the days progressed it got much more challenging. I also took the liberty to sort Rosalie out on Wednesday. Of course, she denied it but when she saw that it was pointless to lie...she said it to my face. I allowed her to explain herself and I couldn't help but feel a tinge of hurt. I am normally immune to harsh words and all of that but...it seems that I'm losing my cool.

''Hurry it up Lyn!'' Aaron shouted from downstairs.

''I'm coming, I'm coming. Geez calm down. It's not my fault that you're always ready first'', I yelled back. Since it was the end of the week, we thought that we should close of the last training session with a game of baseball. Yes baseball, the typical American game. Plus it was going to be stormy, so 'a' plus 'b' equals....

''Finally'', Aaron breathed when I came downstairs.

''What?'' I asked innocently.

He narrowed his eyes at me, crossed his arms over his chest with an adorable pout on his face. ''You made us late. Now the game has probably started'', he whined.

I laughed and said, ''what is it with men and sports?''

''What is it with women taking so long to get dressed?''

I raised my hands in the air and said ''hey, hey. I'm only wearing a top and jeans''.

''My point exactly'', he resorted.

I clicked my tongue and said, ''you shouldn't be so rude''.

He sighed and pretended to curtsy while saying, ''yes, my royal great to the power of a million grandma''.

I gasped faking a shocked expression; I slapped his shoulder gently as I said ''terrible manners''.

''I got it from you''.

I shrugged, ''it's because I'm awesome'' I smirked.

''Or...it’s because you act like a man''.

''Pshh... yeah right'', I said rolling my eyes.

Aaron laughed and walked towards the front door.

''Um...how are you suppose to get to the clearing if you don't have a ride?'', I half teased.

‘‘Oh, please Lyn, we've missed more than 10 minutes of the game all ready. Please hurry up, please?'', he begged doing his puppy dog eyes.

I pretended to think about it. But inside I was only trying not to look into his super cute eyes. ''You know...puppy dog eyes don't work for me'' I lied.