Chapter 1: The Surprise

"Brittany Lyons please report to the band room." said a loud voice over the intercom.

"What could Mr.Harper want with you?" Savanna said after the announcement during our lunch period.

"I have no idea." I said in complete confusion.

I got up from the table where my friends Brooke, and Savanna were sitting at. I headed down the hall and to the band room to find out if I had done something to get myself in trouble. As I walked in Mr.Harper grabbed my arm and was freaking out because I took so long.

"Why did you need to see me?"

"Well... You know that band that you and Brooke are like obsessed with what is their name again I just can't seem to remember" he said trying to annoy me.

"R5"

"Yeah that one"

"Ok so what about them?"

" They are having auditions for a new member to be in the band."

" Ok why does that have anything to do with me?"

" I sent in a CD of you singing and playing guitar and they sent a letter back wanting you to come in and audition in person!"

"WHAT" I said when I felt a little dizzy and decided it might be smart for me to sit before I fall down.

"You are leaving for California in 2 days with me and your parents!"

I think Mr.Harper was more excited than me because he was smiling like an idiot.

"Wait how am I going to do this you know I am terrible with auditioning for things!"

I quickly ran out of the room and was so excited and nervous because I have a bad record with auditioning for things. I finally got back to the lunch room after running for what felt like forever and sat down at the table with Brooke and Savanna.

" Well what did he want? said Brooke who was staring at me and not blinking.

"I will tell you when you stop staring at me because your starting to really creep me out."

"Fine so now will you tell me." She whined.

"Mr.Harper said that he got me an audition to be in a band."

"Wow that is really cool. What band is it?"

"R5"

"Haha stop playing games with me and tell me what band" Brooke said in total disbelief. I could tell that she thought I was joking but I really wasn't.

"I am serious it is our favorite band in the whole world."

"Oh my gosh really" Brooke said. She was in shock her mouth was hanging wide open so wide you would have thought she was trying to catch flies.

"I am leaving in 2 days." I said feeling a little sad at the thought of this because I don't know how I am going to do without her on this trip.

"What I thought it would be in a couple of months. We have to have a going away party!"

"Brooke was really excited for me but why is she calling it a going away party it's not like I will be good and they will pick me." I thought to myself.

"Brooke we don't need to through a party because they won't even pick me. I am not that good any way."

"What... Are you talking about? You are amazing I would never be able to sing and play guitar as good as you do. We are throwing a party tonight that is the end of it!"

"Fine" I knew disagreeing with her was not a good idea because I never win these arguments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

This is my first time ever to put a book on here and I hope that everyone enjoys it. If you do please comment, share, and vote. :)