Chapter 3: The Last Day

*The next morning*

"Ouch" I groaned after I rolled over and fell out of bed.

"What are you doing on the floor?" Brooke asked still half asleep.

"Oh I don't know I just thought it would be fun to see how bad of a bruise I could get on my hip!" I sarcastically said as I got up and went to the bathroom.

When I walked into Brooke's room she jumped on me.

"Brooke what are you doing?"

"I just realized you are leaving today and I wanted a hug!"

"Oh my gosh today is Saturday! Brooke I don't want to leave without you!"

"Brittany I will be fine you are going to go follow your dreams, but text me everything that happens while your there."

My phone went off after we were dressed and showered. I went over to it and found a text from my mom.

"Brooke my mom just texted me and said that we are leaving for the airport in 15 minutes."

"No I'm not ready for you to leave yet"

" Brooke I can't help it I have to do this."

"I know. I am just not ready for this we have been best friends for so long!"

I ran over to her and hugged her. I needed her to go with me. She is like my sister and I don't know what I would do without her.

"Brittany your moms here" Brooke's mom yelled causing Brooke to start crying.

"Brooke don't cry I will be back before you know it, but now it's time for me to go." Saying the last few words caused tears to surface and before I knew it we were sobbing together.

"Come on its time for you to leave."

Brooke said holding back tears.

I said my goodbyes and got in the car as we headed to meet Mr.Harper at the airport.

Brooke's P.O.V.

"Brittany your moms here" my mom yelled to us.

I didn't want to start crying in front of Brittany, but I just couldn't help it.

"Brooke don't cry I will be back before you know it, but now it's time for me to go." I heard Brittany say as she started sobbing along with me.

"Come on its time for you to leave."I said not realizing the words leaving my mouth. I didn't want her to leave but this is something I know she has dreamed about for a long time.

I watched her get into the car to leave for the airport and I started to cry again. I felt someone walk up behind me and I turned around to find my mother coming up to give me a hug.