Chapter 5 The Audition

The next morning I woke up and forgot where I was. I was freaking out because I couldn't find my parents out on the balcony or in the bathroom, so I walked across the hall to Mr.Harpers room and found everyone there.

"Good morning!" My parents and Mr. Harper said together.

"Morning! When do we have to be at the Lynches house." I said a little nervous.

"We have to be there in an hour, so go get ready." My mom said.

"Ok"

I went to the bathroom and showered. Then I grabbed my new shirt and a pair of jean shorts. I rummaged around in my suitcase until I found my black converse. I went back to the bathroom and straightened my hair and did my make-up. I walked back across the hall and we all left and I was getting really nervous.

"Mom" I said on the verge of tears.

"What's wrong are you nervous?"

"Nope it just hit me that this is really happening. Oh my gosh!! This is really happening!!"

She comforted me until I stopped crying. Then we went out to the car and left. I stared out the window the whole way there. I was mostly excited but also nervous. I started thinking about what I should sing. Should I sing one of their songs or one of my songs?

"We're here" Mr.Harper said as we pulled in their driveway.

I quickly got out of the car and ran to the porch with my acoustic guitar. I was caught by surprise when Ross opened the door. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Hi you must be Brittany" he said with the biggest smile on his face.

"Yup that's me!!" I couldn't stop smiling because I was so excited.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to come in?" He said as I started to walk in with everyone else behind me.

"Hey" Rydel, Riker, Rocky, Ryland, Ratliff, Stormie, and Mark all said as we walked into the living room.

"Hi" I said back.

"Brittany if you will follow everyone to the practice room then you can start your audition and I will stay up here with your parents and Mr.Harper." Stormie said as she handed the electric guitar that was in Mr.Harpers hands to Ross.

"Ok" I said as I followed everyone else to the practice room.

I instantly felt comfortable around everyone. They asked me to play a few songs by myself and then we all played one of their songs together. We played Pass Me By. And honestly I didn't sound to bad. And the smile on Ross' face told me I didn't do to bad either.

"Thank you Brittany we have seen enough you can join your parents and we will be there after we have made our decision." Mark said after we finished playing the last song.

Ross's POV

I opened the door and saw Brittany.

I probably looked ridiculous because I was smiling like an idiot and I don't even know why.

"Hi you must be Brittany" I said.

"Yup that's me!!" She said smiling. Her smile is so pretty. Wait did I just think that?

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to come in?" I said just as she started to walk inside.

"Hey" The rest of my family said as they walked in.

"Hi" she said back

"Brittany if you will follow everyone to the practice room then you can start your audition and I will stay up here with your parents and Mr.Harper." My mom said as she handed me Brittany's other guitar.

We all headed downstairs and started her audition. She sung a few songs by herself and her voice was so beautiful. Then my dad asked her to sing a song with us and I couldn't stop looking at her. Do I like her? Yes I think I do. No wait I can't like her if she becomes a member of our band, which she definitely will. I can't date a member of our band that would be awkward. I can't think about this right now.

"Thank you Brittany we have seen enough you can join your parents and we will be there after we have made our decision." My dad said.

She walked upstairs and as soon as I thought she was upstairs. I turned around and said,"She was amazing! I say yes to let her in."

Everyone just looked at me. Then they all said together,"Aww Ross has a crush!" And then they all burst out laughing. Personally I didn't think it was all that funny.

"Ok let's not embarrass him anymore. Who says that we should let her in the band." My dad said looking at Riker.

"We say yes!" Riker said looking at Rocky.

"We agree" Rydel chimed in for everyone else.

"Well I guess that's our answer." My dad said heading back to everyone else.