PART 3

PART 3: Becoming Grown

Whenever I read a book I always get past the middle and beg the writer for a happy ending as if that would somehow change what's been written. It's so strange. I'd get closer and closer to the last chapter and wish that somehow everything was solved in a few lines then it ends with everyone living in bliss. Good defeats Evil! That's what I want, even if I know what's going to happen I hope that somehow I've got a faulty book and the end is completely different. Like in 'Romeo and Juliet' where the very first page tells you that they're going to die but as the play progresses you wish that it didn't need to happen, that Romeo had just waited a little longer and everything was fine. But there's no use.

That doesn't mean that this book will have a devastating ending, or that it will have a particularly good one you'll just have to read it to find out.

Just know that from this point on you're entering the end of a book, where you are now: Michelle Williams was buried on December 20th 1999, Nicki gave birth June 1st 2000, Nine months after Michelle's death Beyoncé and Kelly started school at University and turned 19 years old. Three months after that was Shawn's 20th birthday. The following January is where PART 3 begins. It begins on January 19th 2001 with a 19 year old Beyoncé and 20 year old Shawn both at Columbia university. One studying architecture and business while the other does biological sciences not really sure of where she wants to go with her life. Kelly is a History major at the California University, Nicki's delayed going to college after giving birth to the Robert Maraj-Williams who is now just over 7 months old and is living in New York with her boyfriend Meek who has a job while studying in order to provide for his girlfriend and child. Solange has made a full recovery and everyone has come to terms with the death of Michelle.

But what's going to happen next?