PART 1: chapter 3

Tuesday October 12 th

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my Dad calling my name,

"Bey!" He called as he knocked on the door, I lifted my head up and groaned as I watched him walk in. "Hey bumble bee, you okay to go to school? you want me to drive you?" He asked me. Yesterday he had to come and save me from the cheerleaders after they threw a whole load of paint on me while my mom stood in the house holding back my little 12 year old sister who was ready to go and fight. Solange had always been a fighter, she's always been the one people remembered, as soon as she would walk into a room she would demand all of the attention without even talking and surprisingly when she did she had a mellow and calm voice with a matching style. She was a girl who everyone in her school new and that kid who welcomed all the new ones and spoke non stop in class about any and everything.

"Yeah that would be nice" I said as I smiled up at him, he walked over to my bed and put his arm around me,

"your mother and I were thinking about maybe moving schools or something" He suggested, I shook my head and looked away.

"That will only give her more satisfaction, I've put up with it for this long. Why stop now?" I asked looking up at him, "Besides, I know half of the things she said aren't true and I've become immune to the pain she causes. I just really wanted to finish that book" I chuckle and looked at the clock on the wall.

"Well I was looking for it online but I cant find it anywhere, try the library at school" He said, I nodded my head and smiled at him. He kissed my forehead and held my hand in his, "Remember that your amazing, beautiful and talented and no body can deny you that. What you think about yourself is determined by you and no one else, your mother and I didn't raise you to bow your head to anyone but God and Jesus. You are phenomenal" He smiled then stood up as I looked at him.

"Thank you daddy" I said, he nodded his head and then walked out of my room and shut the door behind him. 'You are phenomenal' a thing my parents had told me since the day I was born and they told my sister since she was born too. Unfortunately Shontelle has the power, although I try to fight it, to make me feel worthless, like an outcast in my own skin. Like I would much rather cease to exist. Luckily I have this thing inside me that keeps me going, keeps me strong and happy. I have love.

I did all my hygiene stuff then I walked toward my closet and began to pick out my clothes, I think I'm going to cover up a lot more today since its getting very cold. I chose a black shirt with skinny denim jeans, a big striped black and white knitted sweater and military boots. I put my hair into a pony tail and did light make up before grabbing my bag and making my way downstairs where I heard my sister singing,

" We go together, Like rama lamma lamma ka dinga de dinga dong. Remembered forever as shoonop sha wadda wadda yippity boom de boom. Chang chang changity chang shoobop That's the way it should be, wha ooooh, yeah" She belted out in a excited voice. I walked into the kitchen and tucked a stray hair behind my hear as I smiled and sat down next to her. "Thu Thu" She said as she threw herself at me for a hug. "I'm staring in the school production of Grease" She told me calmly before grabbing my hand and pulling me down to the table.

"Wow that's great, your gonna be amazing" I said smiling at her as I fixed the collar on her shirt and smiled at her, I placed my hand on her cheek and she smiled at me.

"Duuuhhh I know that, silly" She pointed out before grabbing a slice of toast and taking a bite as she smiled at me. "You look really pretty today by the way, I like your shoes" She informed me as she looked down at them under the table.

"Thank you very much Solo, you look great too. Did mama do your hair?" I asked looking around for her but she wasn't in the room. "Where is mama?" I asked my dad who was at the end of the table reading the news paper as usual.