PART 2: Chapter 12

Beyoncé POV:

It was pitch black outside, the moon was hidden behind layers of clouds and not a single star shone bright enough for me to see. As I looked up at the sky I saw the thin layer of tree tops and branches all making it seem as if it were full of cracks and made up of small pieces. The trees were dark too, their bark rough and evil as they stood in the night. As my eyes lowered I looked forward at the trail in front of me, it wasn't much of a trail just a little bit of space between the thickness of the wood. The ground wasn't any less thick as it laid in a blanket of spiky plants, tree roots and scurrying animals. I squinted my eyes a little trying to see a little further in the darkness when I heard a scram from behind me.

"Michelle!" I called. I didn't know why but it was the name thrown from my mouth, somehow I knew the scream could only belong to her and as I looked around frantically trying to figure out where the scream came from I heard another. "Kelly!" This time ran forward down the path and only then did I notice my feet were bare. I stopped and looked down at my dirty calloused feet before scratching the top of my head in confusion and biting down on my lip. Don't cry! Be strong! I told myself. "What's going on?" I asked. The third scream came from a completely different direction, "Solange!" I spun around and felt a branch wack me in the face causing me to fall back onto the ground in pain. "Shit!" I yelled as my ass hit the ground and I covered my eyes. "tsss" I hissed before removing my hand and looking down at my body. I was wearing a night gown- now covered in mud- and that was all. I pushed myself up of the ground at the sound of more screams all from different directions, Annie? Momma? Nicki? Gloria? Kelly? Solange? Michelle? I covered my ears and fell to the ground crying. I can't take it! No No. "Make it stop!" I yelled hearing the voices scream all at once from all different directions over and over again.

"Beyoncé!" This was not a scream like the ones before, this was a cry for help. The screams had stopped when I wiped my tears and looked around me.

"Jay?" I whispered. "JayJay, please" I stood up only to slip and fall right back down into the mud this time lading on my front so that my entire chest and neck was covered in thick, sticky dirt and my hands had sunk into the ground. I tried to pull them out but it was no use.

"Beyoncé!" The second male shouted,

"Daddy!" I replied tugging at my arms over and over but they weren't budging and slowly my entire body was being sunk into the ground. I kept on pulling and pulling but the next thing I knew I was falling. Falling through the sky at unimaginable speeds, my hands and legs being flung around in all directions by the force of the wind as my body twisted and turned, down I went, past skyscrapers and hospitals and buildings of all sizes getting closer and closer to the concrete floor. I screamed at the top of my lungs as I did so but instead of hitting the floor I landed in a sea. A sea with no sense of direction for every angle held nothing but water. Up, Down, Left, right everywhere was just water for as far as the eye could see but I was running out of breath. I tried to swim up- or at least what I thought was up- when below me, swimming up fast, were the evil and angry bodies of the people I hated. Shontelle made her way up to me surrounded by a clan of hundreds of kids from school, Reese swam up to me holding the head of my best friend, and I fought as much as I could against the forces trying to push my down and kept on going. That's when the screams started again. This time I kept on going. I looked back and with every move I made the bad people were further and further away making screaming noises under the water until I had suddenly made it to the end. The end where I looked up and saw nothing but the sky once again. But this time I was on the beach.

I breathed out heavily and looked around before my mouth was covered by a pair of rough hands and my body was being dragged away but No! This time no one was going to handle me in a way I didn't like ever again. I wouldn't let it happen. I kicked as hard as I could and bit down on the hand which then threw me forward but I stumbled to my feet and looked into the eyes of the boy who had stabbed me all those years ago. He flicked a knife out from his pocket and I lifted my head standing proud.