PART 2: Chapter 10

Beyoncé POV:

In the southern part of the United States, all the seasons are very apparent. The spring season is very green, the summer is very hot, the winter very cold and the fall is full of magnificent colours. The maple trees are especially vibrant with red, golden yellow and combinations of both. When I was younger we called them "tree stars" from the movie "Land Before Time" and to this day they are my favourite trees when the season changes. This season is perfect for taking beautiful scenic photos and spending time outdoors. Nothing can relax and rejuvenate more than enjoying nature and the surrounding scenery. With cooler temperatures rolling in, saying goodbye to summer and hello to fall is not a hard thing to do. It's a great time to break out the jackets, coats, boots, scarves and hats in preparation for the change in season. It's also the perfect time to start making hot cocoa, and lighting a fire in the fireplace. This season creates a sense of comfort, warmth and reflection. It's a great time to go camping, fishing, go on a road trip or anything else where you can spend quality time with family and eat good food. Quality time just happened to be something I cared about a lot lately. With my sister going in for surgery and radiotherapy I often sat at night praying to God that she stayed with me, if not for my parents then for her for I know she has so much more to offer the world. My parents had been spending less and less time away from home afraid to be away from my sister for long periods of time while loving each other unconditionally they way the always had, family was becoming so much more dependable and reliable.

I sat with my sister doing her hair nicely for the dinner today which we had to attend, my father- being a big business man- was often invited to these dinners around this time of year but because of his absence from us in the past we hadn't the need to get used to them. I remember as a child he often made me go with him but I do believe I was used as more of an excuse for him to leave the party early or to show of to his colleagues but when Solange was born he went alone not wanting to pull mother away from her mother/wifely duties and then when Solange was only enough to be left alone the two of them often left us alone. So I hadn't been to many of these dinner parties but with Thanksgiving and Christmas drawing nearer it was time. This was the first dinner with my fathers boos, his wife and his son then the second would be next week with a business parter and her husband as well as their two children and on Thanksgiving day was the dinner I was waiting for. The dinner with Shawn. After that my father was invited to a few Christmas parties which he intended to take mother but not be home too late in order to make sure Solange was okay, then we had another dinner and finally we were done. That would be the end of it, the thing about Solange being in and out of hospital meant that she'd be going in for radiotherapy right at the start of December which was usually when we put up the Christmas decorations, she didn't want to miss out on that considering it had always been her job to turn the lights on but this year she couldn't do it.

"Girls" My mother walked into my bedroom looking like a Goddess in her beautiful evening gown which perfectly complimented every curve of her body, she smiled at me with those red lips and then touched up her hair just a little. She had done it to the side so it hung down over her shoulder in large waves while her face was perfectly made up the way she liked it. "Don't you two look beautiful" I had opted for a long elegant backless white gown with long sleeves and my hair hanging on my shoulders while Solange went short with her lilac dress, she had some lace on her dress which daddy didn't really approve of but with a little altering from mom soon became acceptable.

"You look great mom" Solange smiled over at her as she held her clutch in front of her and smiled,

"Well the two of you look like perfect little dolls but we need to leave now so come on" She held on arm out toward us and I quickly pinned my sisters hair in place before making my way toward her and wrapping one arm around her. Solange skipped ahead while my mother stopped and rested her hands on my face, "I just wanted to tell you that you're growing into a beautiful woman" She looked over my body and smiled at me causing me to blush and look away.